Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Music Masters [Official Group Application]
Since we have over 10 members, does this mean Omni will make it an official group?
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
(03-31-2011, 05:29 AM)Gadget Wrote: Since we have over 10 members, does this mean Omni will make it an official group?

He will have to pm omni and see, hopefully it will.

btw infinity can you update my name on the role from R4GE_Xy-Cliche to this one?
[Image: psychois21.png]
(03-31-2011, 03:32 AM)Intel Wrote: SF Username: Intel
Experience in Music: I have played Piano for 7.5 years, and am on Grade 7, I've played guitar for 3 years (self taught), and I have been singing for 8 years. I perform for school and have had a few small performances outside of school.
Genres of Music: I play jazz, classical and contemporary music, although I love listening to RnB music.
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? I can help members with whatever they need to know musically. I know a lot about musicology, music theory and also the practical side of music.
Demo: I'll probably upload a video of myself playing piano to youtube soon, though I don't have anything up at the moment.
Anything Else?: Music is my life. I listen to it for hours every day. I have 3 iPods, and can't get enough of music.
My iTunes Library (Click to View)

You're accepted, It's obvious that you share an interest for music. You're music background experience is fairly good too. Smile

(03-31-2011, 05:29 AM)Gadget Wrote: Since we have over 10 members, does this mean Omni will make it an official group?

Nope, take the GFX group for example, they've had over 10 members for a while, and it's still not official. I will PM Omni soon, but that won't guarantee an official group just yet.

(03-31-2011, 03:54 PM)Psychosis Wrote: He will have to pm omni and see, hopefully it will.

btw infinity can you update my name on the role from R4GE_Xy-Cliche to this one?

I'll do that right now
Thanks for accepting!
I wanted to upload a video anyways, so I did Smile
I had a few of my compositions from music class, of piano/singing, but I wanted to upload something for the thrills, haha.
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Apa63NiDpc[/yt]
[Image: intel.gif]
Very good Intel... I'm actually starting to contemplate the idea of separating the people within the memberlist into a section of people that have submitted and proven that they are Musicians, and for those who haven't provided any certain amount of proof yet. I would like to see more people submit things like this, so those who do should be awarded.

I'm still deciding how this would benefit the group, but for right now it would only be added for recognition. Good job Smile

I may use that list to cut some of the less active members out of the group if this group becomes official later on. But I really don't find a need to cut anyone out of the group for now. I think the group should have at least 15-20 active members even if it does become official. I wouldn't be cutting it down to a smaller number then that.

Update: Xander has been cut from the group for being inactive for almost 2 months, and for Techno's inactivity on the forum I don't think he would be very useful in the group either. He stopped at 102 posts for SF, so i'm assuming he just came here for the support feather.

We're down to 9 other members in the group now. 1 more to get back up to 10. No use trying to get the group official though if some of the people don't come to the forum anymore though. Music will be a slower area on the site though, so you can expect a pretty lenient leader for this group deciding to cut people out for inactivity. With the exception of Xander, and Techno though, because those inactivity levels are unacceptable for the groups success in my opinion.
One of these days I'll upload videos of me playing instruments, and the first song I finish using Reason.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

(03-31-2011, 11:22 PM)Cybr Wrote: One of these days I'll upload videos of me playing instruments, and the first song I finish using Reason.

Take your time, everyone is still in the group even if they don't post one. It's not a requirement, and I'm not willing to make it one and put that burden on any of the members who have already been accepted. I would just expect you to be active on the forum, even if you don't post. Without inactivity periods more than a month. Pretty decent in my opinion.

If you have to be away for longer, if you use the away feature for your profile I'm not going to cut anyone from the group or penalize anyone for doing that.
(03-31-2011, 11:16 PM)Infinity Wrote: Very good Intel... I'm actually starting to contemplate the idea of separating the people within the memberlist into a section of people that have submitted and proven that they are Musicians, and for those who haven't provided any certain amount of proof yet. I would like to see more people submit things like this, so those who do should be awarded.

I'm still deciding how this would benefit the group, but for right now it would only be added for recognition. Good job Smile

I may use that list to cut some of the less active members out of the group if this group becomes official later on. But I really don't find a need to cut anyone out of the group for now. I think the group should have at least 15-20 active members even if it does become official. I wouldn't be cutting it down to a smaller number then that.

Update: Xander has been cut from the group for being inactive for almost 2 months, and for Techno's inactivity on the forum I don't think he would be very useful in the group either. He stopped at 102 posts for SF, so i'm assuming he just came here for the support feather.

We're down to 9 other members in the group now. 1 more to get back up to 10. No use trying to get the group official though if some of the people don't come to the forum anymore though. Music will be a slower area on the site though, so you can expect a pretty lenient leader for this group deciding to cut people out for inactivity. With the exception of Xander, and Techno though, because those inactivity levels are unacceptable for the groups success in my opinion.

I like that idea a lot.

[Image: intel.gif]
As soon as we get one more legit application, and I accept them, I will PM Omni about the group hitting 10 members, then the wait process begins for the group becoming something official.
Finally, I can't wait Infinity! I really look forward to this. And can you please change L3g1tWa5te to The High Roller? Once again please?
[Image: t5BWm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Read] Group Information for Applications Omniscient 74 36,459 01-18-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  New Group - Aces Peter L 40 10,339 10-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Emotional Helpers Official Group Recruitment BlackChaos 8 2,638 04-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Callum
  Geek Squad Official Announcement Grin 11 3,465 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  SF Coders Official Group [Applications: OPEN!] BreShiE 214 64,409 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Kewlz