Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Music Masters [Official Group Application]
Well, since this got bumped, I might as well ask this question. :p I sold my Trumpet a year ago because I wasn't into playing it anymore and it was just gathering dust. But On 4/9 (My birthday. ;D) I'm going to buy a Bass. I've got music experience, ect. but I won't have my instrument until next month. Can I still join? :3
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
I heard you before, you have some good rhymes. You have more of an oldschool music background, so you're accepted for what you can bring to the group.
SF Username: Nemmyy
Experience in Music: Have played the bass (orchestra instrument) since 4th grade
Genres of Music: I play classical but listen to acoustic, hardcore, and more
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? I can help with music analysis and feedback, and will possibly create some of my own stuff in the future. I have already taken Music Theory I and II classes and am currently taking AP Music Theory.
Demo: I have some stuff from my AP class that I had to create for homework on Noteflight, so if you really want examples then PM me because it's just a bunch of links and they're set as private.
Anything Else? I listen to music all the time, I love it.
I'm going to accept you because of your Musical Theory knowledge that you can share with the group. Lots of people here may have not taken Music theory before, but even listening to what you create by ear is making music. In reality, as long as it sounds good, it's bound to follow some rules from music theory because our ears are trained that way.

Welcome to the group Smile
(03-28-2011, 03:20 PM)Infinity Wrote: I'm going to accept you because of your Musical Theory knowledge that you can share with the group. Lots of people here may have not taken Music theory before, but even listening to what you create by ear is making music. In reality, as long as it sounds good, it's bound to follow some rules from music theory because our ears are trained that way.

I guess that's a no. I'll come back in a month or so I guess when I learn some songs on the bass.
(03-28-2011, 03:20 PM)Infinity Wrote: I'm going to accept you because of your Musical Theory knowledge that you can share with the group. Lots of people here may have not taken Music theory before, but even listening to what you create by ear is making music. In reality, as long as it sounds good, it's bound to follow some rules from music theory because our ears are trained that way.

Thank you, sir

(03-28-2011, 03:22 PM)Gadget Wrote: I guess that's a no. I'll come back in a month or so I guess when I learn some songs on the bass.

He already said you're accepted above.
(03-28-2011, 03:41 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: Thank you, sir

(03-28-2011, 03:22 PM)Gadget Wrote: I guess that's a no. I'll come back in a month or so I guess when I learn some songs on the bass.

He already said you're accepted above.

Hah, he was talking to the user above me. I don't rap.
(03-28-2011, 03:43 PM)Gadget Wrote: He already said you're accepted above.

[/quote]

Oh, my bad Pinch
(03-28-2011, 03:43 PM)Gadget Wrote: He already said you're accepted above.

[/quote]

Sorry I didn't even notice that you posted lol. If you have music experience then you have knowledge to share into the group. You're accepted then Smile

I posted at the same time you posted, so as I was writing the post, your post didn't show up and I thought the other guy was the only one who bumped my thread. My idea for this group is to get members with lots of music backgrounds to be a part of the group. From things ranging between styles of rock, to rap, to dubstep, to metal, to country, etc...
SF Username: Intel
Experience in Music: I have played Piano for 7.5 years, and am on Grade 7, I've played guitar for 3 years (self taught), and I have been singing for 8 years. I perform for school and have had a few small performances outside of school.
Genres of Music: I play jazz, classical and contemporary music, although I love listening to RnB music.
What Contribution(s) Can You Bring to the Group? I can help members with whatever they need to know musically. I know a lot about musicology, music theory and also the practical side of music.
Demo: I'll probably upload a video of myself playing piano to youtube soon, though I don't have anything up at the moment.
Anything Else?: Music is my life. I listen to it for hours every day. I have 3 iPods, and can't get enough of music.
My iTunes Library (Click to View)
[Image: intel.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Read] Group Information for Applications Omniscient 74 36,196 01-18-2020, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rickhart
  New Group - Aces Peter L 40 10,239 10-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Emotional Helpers Official Group Recruitment BlackChaos 8 2,615 04-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Callum
  Geek Squad Official Announcement Grin 11 3,444 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Nickelodeon
  SF Coders Official Group [Applications: OPEN!] BreShiE 214 64,213 06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Kewlz