Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Decrease Computer Boot Time - System Configuration [Tutorial]
I'm a skid when it comes to computers. Why would you want to decrease your boot time?
Well, answer this question:

Do you want your computer to take less time to startup? lol Smile

Decreasing boot time will do that for you. It will get to your desktop with all your services and startup programs loaded faster, so that you can use your computer sooner
No sarcasm intended buddy, I just wanted to put it in a way that you would understand. Basically boot time is the time it takes for your computer to start or load up, this will just make it faster for you so you don't have to wait around as long for it to boot Blackhat
<3 I just made my mothers laptop boot much faster. Gracais.
Very nice TuT it's much better than the others I've seen on speeding up your system boot.
thanks for the comments, there are others, but some of the other methods are a little more advanced, and shouldn't be attempted if you aren't familiar with how your computer works. Changing every option to speed up your system boot can corrupt your machine if you aren't careful, these are just some of the easiest ways that I know how to speed up my computer. Hope you all learned from it Smile
thanks for the share. most of it is common knowlege but some will def be new to others. good work.
in windows xp you won't have that boot tab or i don't. U have to edit the boot ini file. add /noguiboot to the last line and first line set timeout=0
When I did this it took 1gb ram out of my pc o.o So I just had 1gb for use.
Stop the Bleeding|Rescue is Possible|Love is the Movement
[Image: 70315.png]
|Hope is real,Help is real|
(01-07-2011, 03:55 PM)Fossil Wrote: When I did this it took 1gb ram out of my pc o.o So I just had 1gb for use.

It shouldn't have if you did exactly what I've stated in the tutorial. Make sure you don't have a memory limit selected for the boot options. Or is that the total physical memory you're talking about?
I forgot to mention, but you can increase the boot speed as well with a few BIOS changes for memory checks, by selection Quick Boot method. This will skip the memory tests during your computer boot making it boot a little faster. Just make sure that you don't use this method if you're not familiar with the BIOS. I know the BIOS inside and out by having to deal with lots of problems inside the BIOS configuration. Changing BIOS settings if you don't know what you're doing will definitely mess up your computer, and it will cause you lots of trouble if you just change random things up.

That's one of the reasons why I didn't put this in the first post as well..
This is very nice, I love the detail about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuToRiAl] Change Command Prompt Text Color [TuToRiAl] Resistance 63 24,389 01-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Resistance
  [Tutorial] How to Prevent Computer Viruses Deltron 62 26,534 03-22-2012, 08:54 AM
Last Post: redpois0n
  Updating/Fixing your Boot Sector Guideline [System Repair Disk] AceInfinity 0 907 12-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Boot.SDI $Extend Meta Directory? AceInfinity 4 3,451 12-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [TuToRiAl][ReAd Me] Introducing Windows's Best Friend, Taskkill [ReAd Me][TuToRiAl] Resistance 2 2,465 04-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spectrum