Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annoying Threads
I have been seeing all of these "Thanks Omni!" or "My Thanks to Omniscient." Threads.
Lay off.
No need for all of these threads.

How about if you want to say thanks just post here?
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
i do agree with you, but showing that you appreciate Omni nvr hurts (;

*as without him none of us would be here.
[Image: LiGzX.png]

Well, simply just ignore them & don't post in them. People would rather make thread appreciating Omniscient.
I do not see the problem. It's not disrupting the community or harming members so what is wrong if people want to congratulate him, I'm sure he much prefers open threads that get a discussion going rather than loads of PM's.
Site News and Feedback

See? If you've got something bad to say about the site, then you post it. For now though - it's mostly good. Besides people being mad about it being good, that is.

Also, in the couple months I've been here I regularly check the feedback and news section. Until the recent Industrialized thread I have not seen these pop up at all. I don't know why it's such a big deal to have them anyways. Why are you guys annoyed? It isn't hurting anyone.
(11-13-2010, 02:18 AM)Sam Wrote: I do not see the problem. It's not disrupting the community or harming members so what is wrong if people want to congratulate him, I'm sure he much prefers open threads that get a discussion going rather than loads of PM's.

I totally agree with Sam. There is nothing wrong with showing support. He does a lot for his forums and deserves a little thanks. I don't think he would appreciate 1000's of 'thanks' PM's.
I find this thread more annoying that all the others in this section.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
We don't need 20 threads all for the same topic though.

If there were 20 threads about feedback about the PM system I'm sure most would be closed or merged, so this should be no different.
(11-13-2010, 12:29 AM)Emotion Wrote: Well, simply just ignore them & don't post in them. People would rather make thread appreciating Omniscient.

I don't think so... A thread full of thanks is more meaningful than a thread with one thanks.
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
I disagree, it is accepted on Support Forums, as Brandon said "This is the Rules and Feedback" section therefore this thread was unecessary.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,645 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Regarding posting on old threads D3xus 10 1,679 10-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Frostix
  Threads don't count as posts? au3 0 611 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Last Post: au3
  Can't Send Messages/Make Threads Fragma 2 866 04-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Old Threads: How not to bump them up BlackChaos 20 2,942 03-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™