Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something for 11/11
This thread is no longer relevant.
I can tell that you put a lot of thought behind the words in your piece. Remember that no contest can judge the truth you feel in your words. To be honest, there are a couple things I disagree with as a former soldier and sibling of a current soldier, but I can really appreciate where you're coming from. Would I be correct in saying that you're a patriotic person? I'd be interested in engaging in meaningful but friendly conversation about our beliefs.
Nice Work.
We had a person at our school speak.
He is a former soldier.
He is overweight, old, and is the type of guy who isn't "Soft".
He started his speech and he started crying in front of the whole school.
Makes me sad to think of him crying in front of everybody talking about losing his friends.
I was surprised.

@Corea, Can you talk about your experience or does it "Get To You"?
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
That was really well written..
(11-12-2010, 04:15 PM)Shock Wrote: @Corea, Can you talk about your experience or does it "Get To You"?

I can talk about my experience in the military. However, keep in mind I did not have a combat MOS nor did I serve the full length of my term; in fact, I got discharged--nothing bad--from the army before I got a chance to go overseas. It is something I highly regret, and I do have plans on re-enlisting in the near future.

In fact, most American soldiers that "go overseas" do not face combat and stay within the safety of the FOB their entire deployment. That is not to say that even the medical supplies guy that never leaves his air conditioned room in Afghanistan wouldn't be willing to bear arms for this country.

Feel free to ask my any questions via PM since I don't want to hijack this thread; despite my limited personal experience, I have a lot of indirect experience through the stories and interactions with countless soldiers.
(11-11-2010, 10:55 AM)Corea Wrote: I can tell that you put a lot of thought behind the words in your piece. Remember that no contest can judge the truth you feel in your words. To be honest, there are a couple things I disagree with as a former soldier and sibling of a current soldier, but I can really appreciate where you're coming from. Would I be correct in saying that you're a patriotic person? I'd be interested in engaging in meaningful but friendly conversation about our beliefs.

We had a lock in all day from 11/11 to 11/12 for a fundraiser and I was busy yesterday so sorry for not posting. D;

I'm a pretty patriotic person, but my stance is kind of mixed... I don't like the way the government runs our country but I am proud of the people that defend our rights. (Soldiers not politicians.)
You're quite a writer fella.Have you ever considered maybe possibly getting this published or looked at by a professor or something?
That's well written.
Couldn't do it better myself.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
It's actually really annoying how my birthday is on 11/11 and every year there's a one minute silence on my birthday :/