Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A New Beginning (digital painting)
This is a picture I did in my graphics class. The dragonfly colony started as a doodle in the margins of my honors pre-calculus homework, and eventually became digitized. I wish I could've filled the canvas a bit more but Photoshop kept crashing every time I tried.

This image is absolutely enormous (which would explain the crashing). The full-res version is 30"x19" at 300dpi and it was 30MB over DeviantArt's file size limit. This is the small version. I made it big because I wanted to go get it printed and hang it up in my bedroom, because right now my room is bland whiteness.

The doodle:

The picture:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/3...32l2o7.png

PS: You get a cookie if you can name the star cluster in the top left.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Wow that is an amazing doodle in itself, and the finished product is AMAZING! I love doodling and drawing but I've never scanned and posted one before..
(11-10-2010, 07:19 PM)Extra Wrote: Wow that is an amazing doodle in itself, and the finished product is AMAZING! I love doodling and drawing but I've never scanned and posted one before..

Thanks, I appreciate your compliments. Smile This is the first time I finished a picture based off of a drawing, so I was pretty satisfied, especially when I finished painting the wings.
Woah, that looks cool! Big Grin

The top left constellation looks a bit like Pegasus. ...amiright?!
(11-10-2010, 08:14 PM)Twicks Wrote: The top left constellation looks a bit like Pegasus. ...amiright?!

Close! It's not a constellation itself but it is a neighbor of the Taurus constellation. Oui
I'm now aware of how similar Pegasus looks to the cluster in my picture though. :O
I was going to say the Vega constellation..
Ohh looks awesome oO
That looks pretty sexy. Weird, but cool.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
Weirdly interesting. Good job.
Wait, did you do it by hand or did you use Photoshop?

Because i don't understand, if it's by hand, it's amazing how you got it like that perfect.

If it's with Photoshop i don't get how you do the curves, amazing both ways.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DAMINK [Vector Painting] Deity 13 2,744 03-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Toph
  Yet another picture of Omniscient [Vector Painting] Deity 8 2,040 07-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Last Post: aloneak
  Does this look like Omniscient? [Vector Painting] Deity 4 1,507 05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Deity
  [Rate 1-10] Newest Digital Signature Resistance 25 3,063 06-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Sam
  The Vorbis of Ogg [Digital Painting] JDBar 1 915 02-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Raain