Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Career/Help with Schools!
(11-12-2010, 05:14 AM)Corea Wrote: Upon completion of your Master's degree, I would recommend finding employment. Some years of experience may actually help you in your thesis for your Doctorate. However, it's really up to you, what you're able to do, and the resources you have available.

Best is to wait and see what I have then.

(11-12-2010, 05:14 AM)Corea Wrote: And yes, a food bank would count as volunteer work.

I will check that out! Thumbsup

(11-12-2010, 05:14 AM)Corea Wrote: I had a feeling the club thing would be due to something like that. By next year do you mean the new year or the next academic year? If it's the new year, no problem, just sign up and start then. However, the next academic year is quite some time to wait from now.

Next academic year. =/
[Image: jcXtui.png]
Hi, what state are you in first of all? With the list of schools that you supplied, it doesn't seem that tuition is a problem. Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree's are much more wanted right now than IT. I am a cs major. All I have to say for you is prepare yourself with math and physics. Try completing calculus 1 before getting out of high school, and a at least once physics course. You might even want to grab a programming language and try to pick it up on your own. I'm not saying try to learn it on your own, because that will be near impossible, but get yourself familiar with the vocabulary of the language, and write some programs. By the way, Virginia Tech has a good program. Go Hokies!!
I know that this is an offtopic reply but, may I suggest you apply to other universities not as "prestigious". The difficulty of your classes are minor in what those universities look for. Most of those are looking for an excellence in leadership, an asset to their community, and many more ontop of their academic accomplishments.

Software engineers make lowest about $67,000 a year which is fairly good.

Enjoy
If you've taken History, I would go for Sociology. It's an excellent subject with a lot of potential. Plus, you get to study Marx and company! What could be more fun than that?
[Image: bea699ce6c7acdb7ffbf10d0432f352f.jpg]
M.I.T. was my dream school too. I'd go for Computer Security.
Umm, i would recomend you looking for the job that fits you up, cause if you don't like the job its better not to work in it
[Image: juan9087.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fridge of the FUTURE zeeno8 2 740 09-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Providence
  Do you have a plan for your career? Elektrisk 79 19,337 06-24-2011, 05:47 AM
Last Post: FaRLisLe
  future career, and what classes your taking to get there? Psychosis 25 5,248 04-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Last Post: Spectrum