Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My God.
When buildings burn and babies die, where is your God? Is he in the sky? Does he look down and watch with his eyes? the buildings burn and people die? Does he lift a finger and make it end? Or just a spirit that he sends? When we kneel down and pray aloud? Does he climb off of his cloud? Does he come and set us free? From death and sin and poverty? Does he zap us shoes for our feet? Or a roof for our head, or meat to eat? Or does he watch, with his eyes, from his cloud up in the skies, just looking down with a dismayed face, wondering why he created this race? To me he isn't in that cloud, he doesn't watch or wonder aloud, he doesn't sit up in the sky, because theres no God, just you.. and I.
Good Work!
Are you an Atheist?
"There is no God."
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
(11-09-2010, 06:56 PM)Wal-Mart Wrote: Good Work!
Are you an Atheist?
"There is no God."

Yeah ahha, My belief is complicated though.
I see.
I hope people get to see this.
I am making 1 more post then I am off for the night.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
I think you are both wrong hmmm thinking that we have our own beliefs, I do believe that there is God watching and waiting us to find him. I can say that based on my experience, facing many challenges and hindrances still GOd will give way for a solution.

put your hope in GOD and see how things get better
[Image: rana.jpg]
I believe in God and even I think that this is an awesome poem.

It's easy to blame god for the trouble in this world. I won't give a lecture though. I am a Christian Humanist anyway so I don't believe in the mystical qualities of God. Christianity and the bible should be interpreted for the excellent message it teaches.

I believe in God because there is too much scientific evidence for him or her than there is for the alternative.
I'm not blaming anything on him, I go to a catholic school and I've head many different views over time ;)
After reading this, it flows very nicely, but I have to say something on the content of the poem.

You said that you go to a Catholic school right? I go to a Catholic school and they teach us that all this happens because God makes some of us suffer because he's preparing us for the Kingdom of God, and that the poor have the greatest place in the Kingdom. So why do you still believe that there is no God?
I have alot of reasons but mainly I believe people created him to feel less lonely, You know how little kids create imaginary friends? It's because their lonely. Can you imagine how afraid we would all be if we really though it was just us? There would be murders, fires, everything horrible -- worse than now. Why would we be nice if were alone? There is no answer to "Is there a God?" It's opinion.