Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I've decided to open up about my life, and I need support during this time.
Let me just start by saying I apologize for any spelling mistakes as I will probably start to tear up while writing this.

When I was younger, both of my parents worked all the time, I was raised by my grandmother, this may not seem that important, but it plays a crucial part further into my story.

I wouldn't say my father was abusive, but he wasn't the greatest either, when my two dogs would fight, he would kick one of them across the room, I'd pick the dog up, and carry him up to my room crying because that dog was all I had that reminded me of a brighter time in life.

When I was 8, these two brothers whom lived near me started acting like they were my friends, but they just wanted to torture me, they would make me do idiotic things, stealing, drinking piss that they said was Mountain Dew, etc, and they said if I didn't, I wasn't their friends, they were my only friends back then, so I decided to swallow my pride and just do it.

One day while hanging out with them, they threw me to the ground and attempted to rape me, for lack of better words, luckily, my neighbor came out and asked if we were okay, and they ran off.

Next day, one of the brothers fell off a ladder and busted his head, they tried to blame it on me, so the police came to my house at 2am, I was 8 years old and I was being interrogated by police for a false allegation.

When I was 10, my grandmother died due to a medical test done wrong, I didn't get to say goodbye, I didn't get to say anything, my mother told me what happened, and I cried for days, I feel as if my grandmother was the last person to genuinely love me.

When I was 12, I started cutting to help deal with the feelings, my teachers had noticed and they called my mother, my mother took me to the hospital and they admitted me into the psych-ward for observation, this was 6 weeks before Christmas, I cried for days, I felt abandoned, I felt like there was something wrong with me.

I met a girl while I was staying there, she talked to me, she made me smile, she made me laugh, and she enjoyed everything I did, we played Starfox 64 together and Foosball, we'd watch the sunset before they locked us in our rooms, we promised each other we would meet again in a year near the river by the hospital.

I finally get out of the hospital a day before Christmas, only to find out my parents are living on different sides of town, I didn't even know they separated, I was crushed, even though my dad wasn't the greatest, it felt horrible when I seen him crying, he was always this tough guy on the outside, and I seen him as that, and when he cried I felt horrible, I felt as if it was my fault.

They finally get back together about 3 months later, and everything was good for the time.

When the time came for the girl and I to meet again, I sent her a letter telling her not to forget because I really missed her, and was looking forward to seeing her again, I had no car or anything due to me being only 15, so I walked 40 miles, that's how much I cared for her, I waited at the river for 3 days, she never showed up.

This is where the suicide attempts started, I started by overdosing on small things, Tylenol, Advil, etc, things like that.

When I realized those wouldn't get the job done, I started taking heavier pills, Ambien, Vicodin, Diazepam, Carisoprodol, Morphine, and the like, suicide attempts never succeeded, but I quickly became addicted to the feeling of carelessness, the numb feeling, I soon began mixing these with a heavy drinking problem, this was all at 16.

I was taking bottles of the pills at a time, I would go through a bottle of Vodka every 2-3 days.

Then, out of nowhere, that girl comes back into my life, we started talking, then we started hanging out, before you knew it, we were dating, after about a year, I proposed to her, she said yes, even though I had no ring, I told her feelings were stronger than any materialistic object, a lot of people told us that we were too young, but we were both nearly 17, and we had known each other for 5 years.

I get a job building pools in the summer, it gets quite hot here, and I was lifting 100-150lbs by myself on a daily basis, I'd get severe pain in my back and knees every once in a while, so I'd pop a pill or two, but I had stopped drinking and taking so many pills because she had asked.

About 3 months after I had proposed, she had told me she was pregnant, I was happy as could be, I couldn't wait to be a father, I wanted to be the father that my father never was, we had a name picked out and everything.

One day, she called me crying, her mother had come home drunk and started beating her, I rushed her to the hospital and we found out she lost the baby.

I was devastated, I didn't know what to do, I just held her and I cried.

Months go by and I start showing signs of the PTSD, I start becoming withdrawn, depressed a lot more, she said when she looked into my eyes, it was as if I was dead, as if my soul had left, and I was only a shell.

And she was right, I had no will to live anymore.

About a month later, she called me and told me it was over, and that she found someone else.

I couldn't help myself anymore, I slipped into my past addictions, including suicide attempts.

More than one point, I've had a gun held to my head, and I've pulled the trigger, due to my lack of care, the guns had become dirty and jammed.

I don't even want to get out of bed anymore, I just want to fall into a coma and never come out, a never-ending dream, because that's the only time I am partially happy.

Nightmares come more than dreams, but when I manage to have a dream, it's wonderful, the feeling of happiness, and then I wake up and realize it was a dream, and I take a few more pills to go back to sleep.

That's where I am now in my life, I have no ambition, no will to live, nothing.

I go through maybe $750-$1000 a week on pills and booze, not to mention the medical bills racking up due to suicide attempts. :/

I hope some of you read my story, and go that extra mile for the ones that you love, and protect them from any harm, maybe it'll save you from going through the distress I have been through, because I feel it's too late for myself to be saved.
I sit in this small hole and think

the voices aren't real

but they have the most beautiful ideas.
That's tough ): No matter how great suicide seems, don't go through with it. Get help from a psychologist, it might seem like your a freak, un wanted, etc. But trust me there will be someone coming into your life, to stay. Your pill addiction sounds pretty serious, so cut down on the pills and get help. It's not bad and it's better than losing you.
You've had a really tough life, I'm only 14 so i can't give the best advices ever, but everything can turn in a matter of days. Try to look at it the bright way.
Dude, this crap is real.
Stop spending/using/drinking so much and get better.
I have faith in you.
I am 14 too, But I can help people a lot.
Only the people who care read through that and I was one of them.
I feel for you.
I have made suicide attempts because of family problems.
I have ADHD and I am Bipolar, and My dad beat my mom when she was pregnant with me.
I have got crap thrown at me, chased, yelled at, and now my mom is having a mental breakdown (Midlife Crysis) and she cries all the time.
I just want to let you know I/WE are here for you.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
Sometimes, it's hard to find the right words to give someone encouragement, even when you can relate to their feelings and situations so closely. That's kind of how I feel right now. Just please know that no matter how hopeless life seems and how painful your experiences may be, know that there are people who have struggled like you have--no matter how hard it may be to believe. We're all humans and capable of the same capacity for suffering. It may seem like I'm lying, but life can be a beautiful thing.
Wow, bro. I read your story and almost started crying. Don't go through with suicide. Cleanse your body from the drugs and alcohol and you'll start to feel better. Get help from a psychologist. It may kill your pride, but it will save your life.
I'm prayin' for ya man.
Well, I read it all, and that sucks. Stuff like that has happened to me.... You just have to push through, you will meet another awesome girl that wont leave your side. Your still young dont give up yet.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
That's a rough life. You have a lot of courage. Even though you've tried some bad things, you're still here. Try to quit the bad things in life though. Go talk to the locals. Try to get setup for a job, maybe even a career. If you're not 18, get emancipated if you can, and you want to. I have faith that you will do good with your life.
I want you to read carefully, and make the decision whether or not you decide to take some of my advice. Although it may seem that life as you know it is over, it is not. Your life has thrown you around in really terrible directions, this we both know. It has brought you up to a point of addiction. Your drug addiction has the potential to get worse. Listen. Drug addiction will only outline these negative things in your life. When really, your life CAN get better. Do you want help? There is help. There is more help then you can get on any forum. You need live support. Your life can change, and I have very much faith in you. Honestly, me telling you not to give up probably means nothing. It's up to you to decide what's worth fighting for and what isn't anymore. There's a program called Narcotics Anonymous (ie, N/A) and Alcoholics Anonymous (ie, A/A) While my advice may mean nothing to you, I assure you with all my heart that you can get help through these programs. Here are some useful links. Go get yourself some help, your life can be good again.

http://www.na.org/

http://portaltools.na.org/portaltools/MeetingLoc/
Dear, Dear Xander,

Have you ever heard the saying, “Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem?” Think about that.

ALL of the problems you are dealing with ARE temporary and guess what? It is within YOUR POWER to limit the duration of these problems. That is to say, the sooner you REACH OUT for the help that you need to overcome these problems-the sooner you WILL FIND RELIEF. I PROMISE YOU-You can overcome ALL of the difficulties you are currently “dodging.”

FIRST THINGS FIRST-You need to stop trying to dodge your problems, i.e., numb your feelings, through drug and alcohol abuse. This has become your #1 problem because it just makes EVERYTHING WORSE. With the habit that you describe-you most definitely need to get some outside help.

AS YOU WORK ON OVERCOMING YOUR ADDICTIONS, you will gain the stability you need to cope with the other problems/negative feelings you mentioned. More importantly, you will learn to balance the “bad” by focusing on the “good.” If you honestly can’t find anything “good” in your life right now, it just means you haven’t look hard enough. TRUST ME-LIFE IS GOOD. It’s rarely easy but IT DOES GET EASIER to find simple pleasures.

Make it your aim to seek out positive experiences and then start adding them up. Keep track of the things that make you FEEL GOOD and let those things cancel out the bad. Yes, you have had some tough breaks and maybe you can’t find any joy right this second. Still, right this second you can be grateful that your set of circumstances are better than _______. Fill in the blank with the tragedy of your choice.

For instance: Your abuse of alcohol has not led you to drink and drive and kill someone, YET. You’re not rotting in a prison cell because of your drug abuse, YET. You get the point. Things really could be worse and in worse ways than I have outlined, right? So, the question is: How bad do they need to get before you DO SOMETHING TO MAKE THINGS BETTER?

If they are to the point to where you're considering suicide-I’d say, “They’re BAD ENOUGH.” Seriously, suicide IS NOT AN OPTION. Plain and simple. Life is all about choices and we must ALWAYS CHOOSE LIFE. You haven’t even given your life ½ a chance, YET. Please, Give YOURSELF a break and get some help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fudged my real life for E-life. 26 5,756 03-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Peter L