Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SF Reviews] mIRC
Program name: mIRC

Information about the program: mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.

Compatibility: mIRC v7.14 is currentlly compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7

Download link: http://www.mirc.com/get.html

Picture(s) of the program:
[Image: mircabout.gif]
Features: mIRC is one of the worlds leading IRC clients, it has a clean and easy to use interface that allows you to chat with ease. It includes a variety of fantastic features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, IPv6, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, UPnP, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging and many more. It also has a built in scripting language that allows users to create network applications and games. For a further list of fantastic features and updates please visit this link.

Personal opinion: Personally my preferred choice of an IRC client is mIRC. I love it because you can easily configure and set up your client with an easy to understand GUI. They've made connecting to a network or channel super easy with little effort required. However I personally do not like the font used and the layout of a connection page. I also think that once in a channel, operators and staff members should be more easily identified with colours or symbols rather than the classic @. I have never experienced an error or crash with mIRC and it's fast a reliable. The chat notifications are a life saver so I don't have to leave the window open. Also the ability to program commands by simply saying for example !hello you can make yourself say a whole scripted speech in a second. the mIRC team have spent years developing and improving this client and they've done a fantastic job. There at a point where you can't really suggest anything else because it's already implemented.

Rating out of 10: I would give this application a rating 8/10. This is because the layout of chat windows and users connected let's it down for me. Seeing as you use it for chat, if you're not happy with the layout then it makes a big difference.

This is a great review and one that I'll gladly kick start the [SF Reviews] Archive thread with.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

Thank you Skill.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SF Reviews] ScreenSnapr Oliver 15 2,031 12-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Last Post: D Generation X
  [SF Reviews] Review Requests Skill 14 2,640 10-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Oliver
  [SF Reviews] Archive Skill 4 1,203 12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Skill
  [SF Reviews] Virtual Box OSE Reality 10 1,560 11-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Last Post: єץє