Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Suggestion] Usergroup for registered people after ~700 posts
(10-28-2010, 07:59 PM)Reality Wrote: I am aware of what the reputation system is used for, thank you for further explaining.

If this was some sort of sarcasm please let me know. But, to make my point, you clearly stated
"What is the point of the rep system if we cannot negative rep people?"
What I explained is that; Why should you have a negative vibe while you can be dealt with in other ways? Therefore leaving the rep system for good deeds.
[Image: pineapple.gif]
Oh my God... I get it. This isn't the thread for you to teach me how to use rep. Please PM me if you wish to lecture me further.
(10-28-2010, 08:27 PM)Reality Wrote: Oh my God... I get it. This isn't the thread for you to teach me how to use rep. Please PM me if you wish to lecture me further.

I did not mean to lecture you in any way... You just made a statement in which I responded. I will respond to this no further.
[Image: pineapple.gif]
(10-28-2010, 06:23 PM)Sam Wrote: We all campaigned hard for negative reputations to be disabled and neutral reputations are IMO useless. As for LQP, I don't see this nearly as much as you are suggesting? LQP is dealt with quickly if you see it the please report it.

I do however agree that our higher posting members should get some sort of privallege.

I would have to disagree, if you are wanting to buy something from someone for example. Such as from a domain hosting service someone is offering. It's common sense for me to look at some of the comments that have been written in the persons rep, as well as their posts.

Neutral rep for me would act like a persons profile "comments" if someone was not mean enough to give the person a negative rep. They are not completely useless.

As for the above 700 posts. It could be that there are lots of spammers here, but adding this might make people above 700 posts not care about having the worry for seeing a negative rep on their username, which discourages the normal level of respect that we see around here currently. In terms of the way people reply to someones post, and especially if they need help on a thread. Just to get back on topic here lol.

No disrespect meant to your suggestion, i'd encourage suggestions for anything because it raises discussion. I know i've posted suggestions that don't make complete sense to me so i'm not good at making them Smile (But this is still site activity)

I think there should be something however for maybe 700 posts, and you can lock your own thread? Who knows.
(10-28-2010, 07:06 PM)Reality Wrote: The posting does not all the time matter if it is deleted, but if higher members see them spamming and neutral them and then they request the award from Omni with like three neutrals saying spam/LQP or something, then Omni will be able to deny the award. It'll keep up quality because even the 100 posters will need to think before posting.

Someone does one spam post here i will report it. I assure you.
And other long term members do also. Hell they beat me to it half the time.
Staff deals with this behind the scenes Extremely well and to the point where many dont even see it.
I know what your saying mate. I really do. But i think as many here do that - or even neutral is not needed here.
The ideals of SF are to support. To go to the trouble to -rep or neutral is wasted time that could be better spent.
Silly ideals perhaps. But fact is look at SF. Its got quite a Community already and damn quality stats.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(10-28-2010, 05:56 PM)Reality Wrote: I've been noticing people who are spamming/posting LQ and I don't think it is really fair that people who have been here for a while have to sit through each and every person aiming for either the feather or is just spamming.

I again stress Reality that I don't see this problem nearly as much as you do. Compared to the number of reports we receive to how much your implying members are spamming and posting LQP isn't matching up.

Like DAMINK said, when LQP does occur it's reported almost straight away and is dealt with quickly, most members wont even notice it was there.

The simple fact is we're becoming more active as a forum and we're having new members register, as we grow so will the the members who don't abide by our policies.

As for the reasons you specified regarding neutral reputation for checking sellers, our market place is a very small part of SF and we don't get frequent scammers.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion : View Your Posts Kotto*N[ix]mouth 12 1,709 08-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Last Post: ScripT
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,377 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,787 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Usergroup bars. Solitary 15 2,481 09-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  [SUGGESTION] MOTM [/SUGGESTION] Sam 21 3,145 08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Sam