Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[Suggestion] Usergroup for registered people after ~700 posts
I've been noticing people who are spamming/posting LQ and I don't think it is really fair that people who have been here for a while have to sit through each and every person aiming for either the feather or is just spamming because it is how they post, so I was thinking maybe 700/800 posts if it is possible to move into a default usergroup that can give neutrals only and of course positive.
Well, if you report the posts then they'll just burn away for a while and you won't notice them back again.

As for the neutral reputation it's been stated that the owner doesn't really want it on his site. I suppose that's just fine, you won't really be meeting any negative characters on this site.
We all campaigned hard for negative reputations to be disabled and neutral reputations are IMO useless. As for LQP, I don't see this nearly as much as you are suggesting? LQP is dealt with quickly if you see it the please report it.

I do however agree that our higher posting members should get some sort of privallege.
The posting does not all the time matter if it is deleted, but if higher members see them spamming and neutral them and then they request the award from Omni with like three neutrals saying spam/LQP or something, then Omni will be able to deny the award. It'll keep up quality because even the 100 posters will need to think before posting.
The little stars I get under my name and my rep is enough for me. I don't really need much more then that, I'm glad to help here. I just wish that the support feather award achievers wouldn't spam the forums and grave-dig for something they can relate to just to get the feather. I originally joined for this reason but all of my posts were high quality and helpful. I guess a little award on support forums for sticking around would be nice but like I said, my rep is all I need really.
-Polite-Active-Respectful-Atheist-Donator-Obliging-xerox?-
Are you trolling me? I don't care. Your thread may help someone that was too embarrassed to ask.
I don't think you understood the point of the thread paradox xD
(10-28-2010, 07:22 PM)Reality Wrote: I don't think you understood the point of the thread paradox xD

No I get it, we'd have the ability to give neutral reps. I don't need that, we'll still be filtering through the crap people post. It's not even that much, I've seen only a few users posting terrible quality threads and I've reported them. Since then they've improved. The "stars and rep is all I need". Also why 700 posts? 1,000 looks better. Tongue

--EDIT--

I've though about this and I may be changing my opinion on it. I thought the rep would also be abused but the members here seem mature. I'm wrong for assuming, this may not be that bad of an idea.
-Polite-Active-Respectful-Atheist-Donator-Obliging-xerox?-
Are you trolling me? I don't care. Your thread may help someone that was too embarrassed to ask.
Imo if we can't give neutral or negative there isn't a point in the rep system. If everyone is just only going to be able to go up or get banned for LQ, then rep isn't needed.
(10-28-2010, 07:30 PM)Reality Wrote: Imo if we can't give neutral or negative there isn't a point in the rep system. If everyone is just only going to be able to go up or get banned for LQ, then rep isn't needed.

The rep on this site is to let people know who has really been helpful on this site. Negative and nuetral promote also promote a rather bad look towards you. So in this case the only choice is to positively rep. Positive rep's make sure you are only getting repped for good stuff, rather then being negatived rep for your misdemeanors, which will be dealt with separately.
[Image: pineapple.gif]
I am aware of what the reputation system is used for, thank you for further explaining.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion : View Your Posts Kotto*N[ix]mouth 12 1,709 08-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Last Post: ScripT
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,383 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  [Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion] Sam 16 3,794 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM
Last Post: DAMINKā„¢
  Usergroup bars. Solitary 15 2,481 09-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Last Post: NekoChan
  [SUGGESTION] MOTM [/SUGGESTION] Sam 21 3,148 08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Sam