Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi Purpose Calculator
It is looking good =)
All we are missing is a GUI
slowly getting better
I don't understand coding very much, but I hope it turns out good.
My cousin told me I need to learn classes and stuff before making GUI's, and I really have not been active enough to do so lately. Towards the end of each marking period we get bombarded with quizzes and tests -_-
(10-27-2010, 07:05 PM)Reality Wrote: My cousin told me I need to learn classes and stuff before making GUI's, and I really have not been active enough to do so lately. Towards the end of each marking period we get bombarded with quizzes and tests -_-

It's funny you should bring this up, because when I go to high school / college I am aiming to take courses on programming/coding. I am very interested in it and want to learn it.
(10-27-2010, 07:05 PM)Reality Wrote: My cousin told me I need to learn classes and stuff before making GUI's, and I really have not been active enough to do so lately. Towards the end of each marking period we get bombarded with quizzes and tests -_-

You will need to learn about object orientated programming if you're going to learn C++. It's the OOP capability that really sets C++ apart from C. If you forgo abstract data types (classes), the basic OOP concepts (polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, etc.), templates, exception handling, etc. then you're really not learning C++ for what it's worth. So I wouldn't really look at needing to learn these things to write GUIs as a bad thing. You'll learn them all eventually regardless, as they are the qualities that make C++ the monster that it is.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
(10-27-2010, 07:11 PM)Hustler Wrote: It's funny you should bring this up, because when I go to high school / college I am aiming to take courses on programming/coding. I am very interested in it and want to learn it.

Computing is a great major, there are many open jobs for it.

http://www.cse.msu.edu/~cse232/Examples/

^ Great code examples for beginners, then http://www.cplusplus.com for reference on how to do things. Don't copy and paste though!

Don't do .NET either, do C++ Smile
(10-27-2010, 07:23 PM)Disease Wrote: You will need to learn about object orientated programming if you're going to learn C++. It's the OOP capability that really sets C++ apart from C. If you forgo abstract data types (classes), the basic OOP concepts (polymorphism, inheritance, encapsulation, etc.), templates, exception handling, etc. then you're really not learning C++ for what it's worth. So I wouldn't really look at needing to learn these things to write GUIs as a bad thing. You'll learn them all eventually regardless, as they are the qualities that make C++ the monster that it is.

I wasn't putting anything down, I'm just going through it quickly first and messing up where mess ups need to be, I'm not sure of any order yet, I want to make it the monster it is ;)
I don't know a lot of C++, but good luck. I prefer you check on L33tCoders.
Already been there
(11-01-2010, 09:10 AM)Firas™ Wrote: I don't know a lot of C++, but good luck. I prefer you check on L33tCoders.

What is your fixation with pushing people away from Support Forums? Almost every post I've seen from you today has been along the lines of "search Google or YouTube." They're asking for help here because this is the place they wish to get their answer. Don't push them away.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
I think he's going for the Support Feather :b

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my own calculator WHITE PANDA 8 1,859 07-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Kondry
  Calculator v1 Brainless Control 21 4,441 01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Equinøx
  Calculator in C Liberty 4 1,124 12-10-2009, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Sagittarius