Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Useful resource saving application.
Maybe some of you already know about this, but if not, it's a very useful little app to get!

It's called XP-AntiSpy and it gives you the option, to disable, quite a few unecessary programs/services that run automatically at system start up.

It also works for Vista as well, and there is a beta version available for Windows 7, which the author is saying he's waiting for feedback, for Windows 7 users, willing to test it.

You can find it here:

http://www.xp-antispy.org/index.php/lang-en
Nice little program there.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
CCleaner does the same and also optimizes your computer Smile
You can disable startup services under Control Panel > Administrative > Services. You just gotta be careful to not turn off something important. Tongue
(10-05-2009, 03:39 PM)aldo Wrote: You can disable startup services under Control Panel > Administrative > Services. You just gotta be careful to not turn off something important. Tongue

if xp user, its a run command type "msconfig" and you can edit services startup etc. but do not turn on or off something that you are not fully aware of.
Vista: Windows Key -> Type msconfig & hit enter ;)
(10-05-2009, 05:30 PM)aldo Wrote: Vista: Windows Key -> Type msconfig & hit enter ;)

Msconfig is a great tool, or you can just go into the registry and do it manually Oui
I personally use TuneUp Utilities.

It's the best in my opinion.
(10-05-2009, 06:24 PM)d4rktrooper788 Wrote: I personally use TuneUp Utilities.

It's the best in my opinion.

I use it too. Highly recommended tool!
(10-05-2009, 06:23 PM)St0rmW1nd Wrote: Msconfig is a great tool, or you can just go into the registry and do it manually Oui
Yeah, which can be a heck of a lot more confusing :|

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [List] Name your favorite Windows program(s)/application(s)! Elektrisk 37 3,407 09-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Hustler
  Updated - Saving System Resources Manually - Parts 1 and 2 UID=0 6 1,989 10-10-2009, 03:59 AM
Last Post: UID=0