Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Canned Speech) KillBox
1. Download Pocket Killbox. Save it to the desktop.

2. Please run Pocket Killbox.
  • Select "Delete on Reboot" and "All files"

• Copy the file names below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing Ctrl + C:
    • Quote:C:\Users\John\Desktop\Bifrost.exe
      Files in here
  • Go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".

• Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "No" at the Pending Operations prompt.
    • If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run the Killbox, click 'here' to download and run 'missingfilesetup.exe'. Then try the Killbox again.
    If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

3. Post Pocket Killbox log file.
  • Navigate to C:\Killbox!
  • There should be a log file there. Do not open the folder in the Killbox! folder! That is where the infected file has been quarantined in.
  • Open the Log File (.txt) and post its contents in your next reply
Thanks.

Code:
[b]1.[/b] Download [color=#00BFFF][b][url=http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/spyware/KillBox.exe]Pocket Killbox[/url][/b][/color]. Save it to the desktop.

[b]2.[/b] Please run Pocket Killbox.
[list]
[*]Select "[b]Delete on Reboot[/b]" and "[b]All files[/b]"

[*]Copy the file names below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing Ctrl + C:
[list]
[quote]C:\Users\John\Desktop\Bifrost.exe
Files in here[/quote]
[/list]
[*]Go to the [b]File[/b] menu, and choose "[b]Paste from Clipboard[/b]".

[*]Click the red-and-white "[b]Delete File[/b]" button. Click "[b]Yes[/b]" at the [b]Delete on Reboot[/b] prompt. Click "[b]No[/b]" at the Pending Operations prompt.
[list]
[*]If you receive a message such as: "[b][i]Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid[/i][/b]." when trying to run the Killbox, click [url=http://www.eudaemonia.me.uk/downloads/Files/missingfilesetup.exe][b]'here'[/b][/url] to download and run [i]'missingfilesetup.exe'[/i]. Then try the Killbox again.
[/list]
If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.[/list]

[b]3.[/b] Post Pocket Killbox log file.
[list][*]Navigate to [b]C:\Killbox! [/b]
[*]There should be a log file there. [u][b]Do not open the folder in the Killbox! folder![/b][/u] That is where the infected file has been quarantined in.
[*] Open the Log File (.txt) and post its contents in your next reply
[/list]
Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Canned Speech) Security Check --([-S7N-])-- 0 2,975 11-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Last Post: --([-S7N-])--
  (Canned Speech) All Clean --([-S7N-])-- 0 2,636 10-19-2010, 03:17 AM
  (Canned Speech) Disable Ad-Watch --([-S7N-])-- 0 1,880 10-19-2010, 03:14 AM
  (Canned Speech) Dr. Web CureIt --([-S7N-])-- 0 2,513 10-19-2010, 03:11 AM
  (Canned Speech) F-Secure Blacklight --([-S7N-])-- 0 1,972 10-19-2010, 03:07 AM