Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Canned Speech) Kaspersky Online Scan
Please perform a Kaspersky Online Scan of your computer by clicking here.
An alternative link to the Kaspersky Online Scan Tool can be found here.

You will be taken to a web page. It will look like this:
[Image: KasperskyOnlineScanPic.jpg]
  • Click on the Accept button and install any components it needs.
  • The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.
  • After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the Scan section select My Computer.
  • This will start the program and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run (at times it may appear to stall).
  • Once the update is complete, click on My Computer under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.
  • Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.
  • Do NOT be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.
  • Once the scan is complete, click on View scan report. To obtain the report:
  • Click on: Save Report As
  • Next, in the Save as prompt, Save in area, select: Desktop
  • In the File name area, use KScan, or something similar In Save as type, click the drop arrow and select:Text file [*.txt]
  • Then, click: Save
  • Please post the Kaspersky Online Scanner Report in your reply.
  • If you need help performing the above steps, an animated tutorial can be found here.

Code:
Please perform a [b] Kaspersky Online Scan[/b]  of your computer by clicking [url=http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/default/pages/default/check.html][b]here[/b][/url].
An alternative link to the [b] Kaspersky Online Scan Tool[/b]  can be found [url=http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner][b]here[/b][/url].

You will be taken to a web page. It will look like this:
[img]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/JonTom_2009/KasperskyOnlineScanPic.jpg[/img]
[list][*]Click on the [b]Accept[/b] button and install any components it needs.[*]The program will install and then begin downloading the latest definition files.[*]After the files have been downloaded on the left side of the page in the [b]Scan[/b] section select [b]My Computer[/b].[*]This will start the program and scan your system.[*]The scan will take a while, so be patient and let it run (at times it may appear to stall).[*]Once the update is complete, click on [b]My Computer[/b] under the green Scan bar to the left to start the scan.[*]Once the scan is complete, it will display if your system has been infected. It does not provide an option to clean/disinfect. We only require a report from it.[*][b]Do NOT[/b] be alarmed by what you see in the report. Many of the finds have likely been quarantined.[/list]

[list][*]Once the scan is complete, click on [b]View scan report.[/b] To obtain the report:[*]Click on: [b]Save Report As[/b][*]Next, in the [i][b]Save as[/b] [/i]prompt, [i][b]Save in[/b][/i] area, select: [b]Desktop[/b][*]In the [i][b]File name[/b][/i] area, use KScan, or something similar In [i][b]Save as type[/b][/i], click the drop arrow and select:[b]Text file [*.txt][/b][*]Then, click: [b]Save[/b][*]Please post the [b]Kaspersky Online Scanner Report [/b] in your reply.[*]If you need help performing the above steps, an animated tutorial can be found [url=http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/Bleeping/KAS/KAS9.gif][b]here.[/b][/url][/list]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Canned Speech) Security Check --([-S7N-])-- 0 2,976 11-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Last Post: --([-S7N-])--
  (Canned Speech) All Clean --([-S7N-])-- 0 2,637 10-19-2010, 03:17 AM
  (Canned Speech) Disable Ad-Watch --([-S7N-])-- 0 1,881 10-19-2010, 03:14 AM
  (Canned Speech) Dr. Web CureIt --([-S7N-])-- 0 2,514 10-19-2010, 03:11 AM
  (Canned Speech) F-Secure Blacklight --([-S7N-])-- 0 1,973 10-19-2010, 03:07 AM