Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*Tutorial* - Get known on google!
I kind of new alot of this already, but it even mentioned a little more i didnt know so thanks!
(10-21-2010, 10:09 PM)Ninja Wrote: I kind of new alot of this already, but it even mentioned a little more i didnt know so thanks!

Well, Like I said, I was simply making a small tutorial to
some up how my team went about this whole process.
Of course yes, we used other methods, but this is pretty
much the way we worked.

We have hit all of our keywords on the first page.
Out of about 10 keywords, we are ranked 1st-6th
spot on google now.

As long as it's helped someone, it's served it's purpose.

Thank you for the comment and have a great day. Thumbsup
Great tutorial, hope this helps to pump my site a bit more traffic.
This will help for people that are new, and maybe experienced.
Nice Post.
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
Most people that don't know a lot about SEO will usually think thats the full list. But you have forgot the most important part..

Content

This is the biggest thing. And it's the reason why some sites have a blog. It's for activity, as well as refreshing the content of the site to keep things updated. That way when the crawlers of a search engine go over your site. The will find updated content and refresh your rank on their lists. It's a LOT more important than anything you've mentioned in your guide. Google hardly uses the meta tags at all, so putting anything within those <meta> description and keyword tags within the header won't do very much for google. Google is the most common search engine, and it doesn't use meta tags barely at all. More yahoo than google especially for the meta tag use. Google looks over your site content. Which is why you should have different and unique titles on images within the alt tags and all that.

Be sure not to use the same content for every page too. I was hoping this would be listed in the tutorial itself, but most people think they know all about SEO with little research. It doesn't necessarily work that way, a webmasters job is never done. You have to continuously work on your website to keep your rank Smile

Use google analytics, if you want to start out, get a paid sponsorship link for google search so that your website comes up at the top regardless of how many IP's have been to your site. This should get you started.

Post links on social networks, especially facebook, and twitter.
Very nice contribution! Thanks alot!

Although you say the content is more important than anything, I have to disagree with you.
Content is a big help, but it's only great for the long run. Backlinks are the most important, in my opinion.
Backlinks from other high PR sites was a big help for us. It done more than you think.
Actually without some of the backlinks we have, I doubt we would have hit the #1 spot for some of our keywords.

I myself am no pro when it comes to SEO work, but I can damn sure tell you that I can get the job done.
Myself and my partner(s) company is now at the first spot of google for the keywords we set our goal for.
We are now working on our last keyword, which has the most competition. We now receive around 200 unique visitors each day,
and we're getting 10-20 new sign ups per day. All this from using my simple guide in the original post.

Now for you out there that plan to go by this guide. You see we are doing very well now, but think of this ...
We have yet to start our ad & email campaign. Follow this guide and stay busy with it and I can assure you, you will be successful.

Thank you all for the nice comments, and good luck!
This is just the 1st step being given for getting better ranks on Google.
Its not that easy as you have written, it needs time to get trust of your site to Google and other Search Engines.
My TECH Blog:- http://www.gujjufreak.com
(11-10-2010, 04:32 AM)MindSet Wrote: Very nice contribution! Thanks alot!

Although you say the content is more important than anything, I have to disagree with you.
Content is a big help, but it's only great for the long run. Backlinks are the most important, in my opinion.
Backlinks from other high PR sites was a big help for us. It done more than you think.
Actually without some of the backlinks we have, I doubt we would have hit the #1 spot for some of our keywords.

I myself am no pro when it comes to SEO work, but I can damn sure tell you that I can get the job done.
Myself and my partner(s) company is now at the first spot of google for the keywords we set our goal for.
We are now working on our last keyword, which has the most competition. We now receive around 200 unique visitors each day,
and we're getting 10-20 new sign ups per day. All this from using my simple guide in the original post.

Now for you out there that plan to go by this guide. You see we are doing very well now, but think of this ...
We have yet to start our ad & email campaign. Follow this guide and stay busy with it and I can assure you, you will be successful.

Thank you all for the nice comments, and good luck!

No lol, i've been working with this type of thing for a long time. Content is still number 1. Have you ever heard of the term Bounce Rate?

If you don't have content on your webpage, or something that appeals. Especially for an informational site or domain such as a forum for example. They will visit your site if you have a really high end sponsor, sure. But they will use another link or press back if they dont see any content to see your website as useful or worth their time.

Content is good for appeal, to the internet user, as much as it's important to your sites success. And Content, is definitely the best way. It should be mentioned more, but it isn't. Only few people know about it Smile

Backlinks get you traffic, but so does content. Except content does a lot more, and widens your door to a bigger audience on search engines, especially google.

Backlinks are important, but they don't make your site at all. Even if you had a million of them on the best websites, that does not make your site any better, or improved for search engine optimization. You're tutorial is on SEO for google. Backlinks do almost nothing for that, except get you more traffic to raise your spot on google. Content gives you a wider variety in audience because of the word queries for googles crawlers. Therefore content will get you a lot farther on "getting known on google."

It's a game of competition. I've known this for years.
I have to agree on the blog suggestion. I have a blog on my Arcade site, and on my proxy site, and they seem to actually help a lot. It puts a lot more content related to my site. And when you search something regarding my sites, My blog shows up a lot of the time. It's a very good idea.
"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".
[Image: siggy.png]
MSN: Xzotic@live.com
(11-10-2010, 06:39 AM)GuJJu Wrote: This is just the 1st step being given for getting better ranks on Google.
Its not that easy as you have written, it needs time to get trust of your site to Google and other Search Engines.

Actually, Your right. It's not as easy as I wrote, but what is?

The hard part of the guide is staying dedicated to it.
Just with that and following this guide, you will be successful.
(11-10-2010, 12:20 PM)Infinity Wrote: No lol, i've been working with this type of thing for a long time. Content is still number 1. Have you ever heard of the term Bounce Rate?

If you don't have content on your webpage, or something that appeals. Especially for an informational site or domain such as a forum for example. They will visit your site if you have a really high end sponsor, sure. But they will use another link or press back if they dont see any content to see your website as useful or worth their time.

Content is good for appeal, to the internet user, as much as it's important to your sites success. And Content, is definitely the best way. It should be mentioned more, but it isn't. Only few people know about it Smile

Backlinks get you traffic, but so does content. Except content does a lot more, and widens your door to a bigger audience on search engines, especially google.

Backlinks are important, but they don't make your site at all. Even if you had a million of them on the best websites, that does not make your site any better, or improved for search engine optimization. You're tutorial is on SEO for google. Backlinks do almost nothing for that, except get you more traffic to raise your spot on google. Content gives you a wider variety in audience because of the word queries for googles crawlers. Therefore content will get you a lot farther on "getting known on google."

It's a game of competition. I've known this for years.

I've never said content wasn't important. I simply stated that in my opinion, backlinks is what really will build you up on google. Do you think just using
your content to get high ranked on google will be enough? No, not at all.

Backlinks are more than just traffic. Backlinks are putting you higher ranked
because you pretty much have a 'already' high ranked site sponsoring you.

These steps are the steps I've used to 'get known on google'.
It worked and it worked perfectly. I myself am proof that it worked.