Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help with xampp
ok i installed it and its running ok - when i go to localhost in firefox it shows me the xampp page. i need to open my own file. I remove everything from the folder xampp/htdocs and put in my file but the browser says : URL not found. where am I wrong? i renamed my page to index.php but still nothing
Verum quaere et insaniam inveni
I suggest you to use WAMP instead...
I can also help you with WAMP because I am WAMP user!
[Image: green-banner.png]
yes but I already installed xampp and I have worked with it bfore i just cant remember where to put the files
Verum quaere et insaniam inveni
RTFM.
(10-13-2010, 05:55 AM)Treblez Wrote: yes but I already installed xampp and I have worked with it bfore i just cant remember where to put the files

Enter your XAMPP directory (likely C:\xampp) and inside it you'll find a directory named htdocs. That's your Apache document root and where you need to place files to be accessed via your browser.

If you're still getting an error when accessing your local server (http://localhost) then check these three things:

1. Ensure Apache is running

2. If it is running then check to make sure your document root is still set to its default location. Go into C:\xampp\apache\conf (or wherever you have XAMPP located) and open httpd.conf. Inside look for the following:

Code:
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your

Look at the value given to the DocumentRoot directive. Ensure you are placing your files inside that directory.

3. If the DocumentRoot is valid and Apache is running: open the error log (C:\xampp\apache\logs\error.log) and read off the latest entry. That should point you in the right direction.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
Exactly as Disease said,
if u would still have problems also disable ur firewall and make a portforward to port 80 tcp/udp.
(11-07-2010, 01:15 AM)Herm1t Wrote: Exactly as Disease said,
if u would still have problems also disable ur firewall and make a portforward to port 80 tcp/udp.

Lol NO. Do not disable your firewall. Just make an exception to allow through that port.
[Image: TYzKF.png]
I don't know, As I do not have it.

Does anybody have a link to it?
Is it free?
★★★★★
Victoire
- Shock!
★★★★★
@Orgy i just meat for testing purposes, not permanently.

@Shock check your firewall and do a partforward ad i said, did u managed to do it already?
Let's say you have index.php, place it inside htdocs and then navigate to "localhost/index.php" within your web browser. Should work fine.