Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to id music files?
HI,

I am looking for a free program that can ID all my music files (track name, artist, album)?

Something like TrackID on the Sony Ericsson phones, it must listen to the song and then rename everything correctly.

I know Windows Media can do it but it only fills in the black spaces, so if I have a song that says "unknown artist" Windows Media player is going to leave it like that.

I heard Winamp can do something like this but I cannot find anything that spells it out for me.

O yes and I am running Windows XP professional SP3 32bit

Please if anyone can help I will appreciate it allot.
thanks
(10-12-2010, 03:28 AM)myposbussie Wrote: HI,

I am looking for a free program that can ID all my music files (track name, artist, album)?

Something like TrackID on the Sony Ericsson phones, it must listen to the song and then rename everything correctly.

I know Windows Media can do it but it only fills in the black spaces, so if I have a song that says "unknown artist" Windows Media player is going to leave it like that.

I heard Winamp can do something like this but I cannot find anything that spells it out for me.

O yes and I am running Windows XP professional SP3 32bit

Please if anyone can help I will appreciate it allot.
thanks

Oh like fill in the information? Sure buddy, go to

http://www.tuneupmedia.com/ Safeware, don't worry.

Really useful, gets information on 100 songs if there isn't any description. 50 Free Album covers too. Just be careful where you get the covers from, a few websites are malicious. I have Mbam so i'm cool about it. If you buy it for 30 bucks, it gives you unlimited!
[Image: t5BWm.png]
http://www.xdlab.ru/en/download.htm

TagScanner. It's free and has lot more options.
Itunes can do this for you automatically as well. And it's also convenient because you need the program for iPods usually, which makes it a very common music file handler.
Thanks allot,

First of I have allot more than 100 songs, so tune up won't work for me.

Second that tagscanner does not work for me! Or I am just to stupid to understand how it works. I took one of my songs and made the filename and everything "unknown", when I tell tagscanner to check it for me it says that the real name for the song is unknown!

Third, I am going to download Itunes right now and see what I can do.

Thanks allot you guys.
I think I tunes does this, Try it out.
Also I heard of a program called, Smart Order .
Ok, I found the best program so far, WinAmp.

It has an auto tagging feature that is great.

Now I have another problem.

All my songs is in one folder on my pc but in allot of subfolders.
I want a program that can take the Artist info of the song and make a folder that is named exactly the same as the info in the file and put all the songs that has the same artist info in the same folder.

Example:
C:\My music\new folder\basshunter.mp3

now when the program is finished it must be

C:\My music\(artist name)\(album name)\basshunter.mp3

Any help will be highly appreciated.
I use DIRPY.com

Its a great online DVR that you can ID your songs with.
(10-16-2010, 03:41 AM)JMK940 Wrote: I use DIRPY.com

Its a great online DVR that you can ID your songs with.

Yes but, thats only when you download the music file, the music files we are talking about are already on the computer -.-'

Also I am sure I have never heard of something like that.
[Image: t5BWm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No OCX files peter12321a 3 1,012 02-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Untitled