Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GFX Forums - Graphic Design Forum
URL: http://gfxforums.net
Theme: Photoshop Bliss. V2 and V3.
Member Count: 2,886
Thread Count: 17,015
Most Popular Section: Showcase & Critique (22,949 posts, 2,795 threads)

Stats taken on February April 25th. Totals from April 28th 2010.
This is my current project which I've worked very hard on.
My goal is to make gfxf the largest graphic design forum on the internet.

What do you think?
Awesome Bruteforce. Maybe i will join when i have some more time. Smile
[Image: 1hacksyea.png]
Theme 3/5

The theme itself is decent, but the banner ruins it. Instead of using different banners, you should get one and just keep it. However, I do like that the background isn't locked to the forums. It kills me when the background always stays in one place, I like it to stay at the top, and the rest become black, as you did it.

Layout, 2/5

The layout is pretty chaotic, and the large forum descriptions are unnecessary. You could easily accomplish the same thing by adding information / rules as an announcement sort of thing like (I hate to say it) HF has in the lounge.

Memberbase, 4/5

The amount of members and activity looks fairly good. Nice job.

Groups, 3.9/5

You don't have too many groups, but the colors stand out. The critique team isn't required. You could easily just give them a userbar and give them default user color.
It is a great community, and team members are dedicated to the forum. You must be pleased.
I find it difficult to describe a section in just one line. So many are 'do this here', 'this belongs here' ect.. I really dislike that.
In may be in your best interest to make a new mod for MyBB? Have it so when your mouse goes over a forum, a little bubble pops up telling you what happens there. That might be nice.

Or, you could just put a description in one line, then put the dos and don'ts in a rule thread in each section.
Your goals are high but they can easily be achieved in time.
I love this forum, even though I rarely go anymore.
I've always know about this site through members here and I've always remembered what it's about and who it's run by. You've got such a good rate of posts that I think you can make your goal.

I am terrible at GFX but this forum is easily the best for GFX on the web that I know.
the rotating banners need work, they don't fit the theme.
clean up your code it's full of errors, a few here and there are okay but 140 Errors, 8 warning(s)
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http:/...ne&group=0

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [10,000+ Posts] Icy Community Forums: Active Forum | Custom Features | Awards Holmes 1 1,153 06-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Holmes
  Chill Forum [NEW] [+3 Domains] [General Forum] [Giveaway!] [Awards!] OpenSSL 0 516 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  New forum I just made - Swimmingforums.net competitive swimming forum Carbon Host 3 855 08-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Paramore
  GFX forum almost done Firetech 17 1,990 01-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Millionaire Forums (New money making forum) ryand 1 758 11-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Fragma