Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD ROM/Writer not showing in explorer.
Hello everyone, I have recently installed Samsung DVD ROM/Writer in my computer. Its not showing up in the explorer. It is detected in Windows device manager. Its name in device manager is: TSST Corp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device. Any help for making this device appear in explorer will be appreciated. I am using Windows 7.
Is it compatible with your OS? I have never heard of it before but maybe it became corrupt on the install?
Hmmm... It is compatible. Whats your systems' architecture, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Are you having trouble finding the software on your computer or a shortcut in windows explorer?
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Simple solution is Reformat your C: drive else it won;t be solve. i was having same problem before.
OR you can try other methods if they work , but i,m pretty sure that i,m correct.
Mad
(10-10-2010, 04:55 PM)L3g1tWa5te Wrote: Hmmm... It is compatible. Whats your systems' architecture, 32-bit or 64-bit?

Are you having trouble finding the software on your computer or a shortcut in windows explorer?

I have a 32-bit pc, running 32-bit Windows 7 operating system.
So the new DVD Drive you installed isn't showing up in explorer? Are you sure it's compatible with your machine?

Check Device manager and see if your drive shows up there. If there is an error, I can post a registry modification that you can do to see if it will show up. It won't change anything either, it will just reset things back to the default computer settings for recognizing your drive.

1) Make sure that it's compatible as said before
2) Check to see if it will show up in device manager

I'll reply as soon as you give me feedback on those 2 things. My other guess is that you didn't install it the proper way. But I can help you fix that too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Programs Not Showing Up In Start Menu Command Prompt 5 2,390 12-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Last Post: King
  VHS to DVD Solidify 4 1,267 04-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Solidify
  Help with DVD rips Solidify 11 2,778 04-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Solidify
  Having an issue with my dvd R that ive never seen before Fallenour 8 1,931 07-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Technology
  [TUT] Windows Explorer as Simple FTP Client MyFolder 24 6,711 06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Tobz