Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help I think I have some spyware/adware
(10-16-2010, 10:53 PM)Asymmetric Wrote: Try getting Spyware doctor. Its really good at catching the most secretive viruses. Also at this point I recommend you do a system recovery and backup all your files. uTorrent has a lot of potential in receiving malware.

Good idea, but I already have Kaspersky.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
So far it looks clean to me..

Code:
O4 - Startup: NoteStryker!.exe

Do you know what this NoteStryker!.exe is? I cant find anything on it on google. It's a program that you have on your computer that Autoloads from your registry. Yet, I can't find anything on it. If you downloaded anything recently, you might want to check to see when this executable file was created on your computer by searching for it. I'm not so sure it should be there, unless this is something you downloaded intentionally, and it's a file that you know is safe.

Code:
C:\Users\Oliver Tran\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\NoteStryker!.exe

It's also in your list of currently running processes. Which is why it was noticable to me
I'll take it from here.
  • Step 1

Download DDS.scr by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your Desktop.

'Link 1'
    'Link 2'
    • Double-click on DDS.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
    • Shortly after two logs will appear, DDS.txt and Attach.txt.
    • A window will open instructing you save and post the logs. Save the logs to a convenient place such as your Desktop.
    • Copy the contents of both logs and post in your next reply.
  • In your next post, please provide the following:
    • A Fresh HijackThis (HJT) Log
    • Deckard's System Scanner (DDS) Logs
      • DDS.txt
      • Attach.txt
  • Format of Response

Code:
    [color=#00BFFF][b]Step #[/b][/color]
    [color=#FFD700][b]Problems Encountered:[/b][/color]

[color=#00BFFF][b]Link To Requested Logs:[/b][/color]
Actually... I made notestryker.exe it takes notes for you on the side of a desktop
[Image: t5BWm.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help. Infected with Adware.Toolbar.Dealio Resistance 3 3,509 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Resistance