Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My onipion of best AV.
An anti virus is only what you make it.

You can't expect anything to just do it all for you. If you took the time to configure it and make it how you liked, and then got a secondary scanner I can assure you that you would not be making this thread.
Yes I recommend you get a virtual machine to run most of your suspicious files in. An antivirus can never protect you fully. Thats why you should also get Zonealarm free firewall.
I use Avira premium security suite and I am quite satisfied with it has a high detection rate and doesn't use any CPU.
I'm going to have to say it's Nod32 hands down. Runs very light (takes up very little resources). Has very good detection rate, I've downloaded some pretty crazy things in my time, and its caught them all.

Also, A virtual machine is another great idea, I use a couple of them actually. Very easy to set up especially if your running windows 7 professional.
Norton and AVG has always been my favorite.
It is yourself.... Always yourself.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
When you'll get an Attack, you will remember AV's.
That happened with me, so Avast 5 is so far the best for me and runs as Charm.
My TECH Blog:- http://www.gujjufreak.com
I Personally was infected before couple of years,after that i installed Eset nod32 .. I never had/got an infection thanks to nod32 Smile The good thing is that it's not heavy soft like avast/avira etc.. So best av in my opinion is Eset nod32!
That's really weird,Ninja
Norton is a pain in the ass, but it's not bad if you set it to your liking. I have a couple other AV's that I use including MCafee, that I find useful. Maleware bytes is also a favorite virus/infection removal tool that I use, not so much an AV though compared to others, but it works well for that purpose.

The only problem with Norton is that it's pretty expensive. However mine seems pretty cheap for some reason....Whistle

Smile lol all you have to do is make sure that you configure the settings you want for that annoying firewall that blocks my web browsers from accessing the internet on default. Why? I don't know, but I have an exception for everything that needs to connect to my network now. Most people get frustrated with that because it's not so obvious sometimes coming from Norton. I hate Firewalls, but love them at the same time lol. With Norton it's all about adding exceptions yourself it seems.
i vote for avira and avast.
i am using avira now
[Image: 3dtextven0mhf.png]