Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else feels this way too?
First I apology if this is wrong section, but the section's name sounds alike it was right place for this.(still new at here)

Myself I support school, Nothing bad about it, I think everyone else should attend it.

But only problem by high school, some students are required to take classes that absolute has nothing to do with the career.

Or at least too way much hours spent into a subject someone for sure wont have anything to do with it.

Also my other pet peeve is that we must have 2 English class, and rest just one. I think we should be more able to selective and eliminate subjects.
I think subjects should be more flexible so students could take them closer to their interests. Would be a much better alternative than dumbing down your curriculum.
[Image: 2rrpier.png]
Yeah, I agree with you, I see no point of some curriculum, it's just pointless and a waste of time.
(10-08-2010, 01:40 AM)Zankza Wrote: First I apology if this is wrong section, but the section's name sounds alike it was right place for this.(still new at here)

Myself I support school, Nothing bad about it, I think everyone else should attend it.

But only problem by high school, some students are required to take classes that absolute has nothing to do with the career.

Or at least too way much hours spent into a subject someone for sure wont have anything to do with it.

Also my other pet peeve is that we must have 2 English class, and rest just one. I think we should be more able to selective and eliminate subjects.

High School is tailored to the masses, not the individual. The goal of high school is to finish off preparing students for post-secondary education. Many people, if not the majority, don't know what they want to do for a profession until late into their first or second years at college. Nevermind expecting high school students to know what they want to do. It'd be immature for a high school to not enforce a diverse curriculum. If not just to expose students to different subjects.

That said, most high schools offer enough electives and keep the graduation requirements broad enough for there to be wiggle room. At least every high school I've ever encountered did.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
Yeah i have a class which is fitness/Dance which i really dont wanna take but were obligated to.
In my school your able to take classes such as business education and marketing. Your also able to take physchology and many other interesting courses. I'm from Canada so i'm not really sure if it applies in the U.S as well.
(10-16-2010, 10:54 PM)Asymmetric Wrote: In my school your able to take classes such as business education and marketing. Your also able to take physchology and many other interesting courses. I'm from Canada so i'm not really sure if it applies in the U.S as well.

Canada ftw.
I agree, I do not like academic work. I left college and just work.
(10-08-2010, 04:55 PM)Disease Wrote: High School is tailored to the masses, not the individual. The goal of high school is to finish off preparing students for post-secondary education. Many people, if not the majority, don't know what they want to do for a profession until late into their first or second years at college. Nevermind expecting high school students to know what they want to do. It'd be immature for a high school to not enforce a diverse curriculum. If not just to expose students to different subjects.

That said, most high schools offer enough electives and keep the graduation requirements broad enough for there to be wiggle room. At least every high school I've ever encountered did.

I agree with this, although it would be nice to have more power over what classes you have in high school.
Our classes are more flexible depending on which grade your in at school.