Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stranger will be using my laptop, Security Risks? [!Please Read!]
Hey guys... My mom is having business pictures taken tomorrow, and I want to know what features I should disable on my laptop if the Stranger will be using it to store the pictures on my HD; So they cannot access my Administrator file system, internet or any Administrative tools. I am disabling my wireless adapter, task manager, ethernet cable outlet (in side of laptop). They will be using the Guest account. I do not want them to get an infected computer for a buisness photo shoot. Anything you recommend I should disable, security wise so that way I am safe...? The administrator account, me, has a 18 letter Password.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Just make sure they don't have privileges to download anything on the guest account.
(10-06-2010, 07:17 PM)0wnall Wrote: Just make sure they don't have privileges to download anything on the guest account.

Yeah internet is being disabled via service and device manager.
Disable internet. Make sure they can only access one area of your choice to store the photos.
(10-06-2010, 07:20 PM)Markus Wrote: Disable internet. Make sure they can only access one area of your choice to store the photos.

Thats awfully hard. Guest account has no privileges. It can only access its Own Accounts' filesystem.
Guard him so he can't steal it.
Make a second account and have it running on that.
Button the account down. So it cant do much apart from basic features?
Depends on your setup i guess. If you have other drives that have sensitive info on them, it may be worth disconnecting them?
Dont sweat it too much though. Really with the extra account that you did mention in your OP. (sorry)
Most professionals are exactly that. Professional.

*edited because i did not read the OP well enough. Sorry!
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I think your maybe being a little paranoid to be honest.
Just stand by him whilst he transfers the images.
[Image: s1.jpg]
well its over and i forgot to menshion that i was at school