Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Satelite Internet
I have very slow satelite internet.(Hughes Net)Bebe-pleure I was wondering if anybody knew some really good ways to make it faster. And please don't say get DSL or Cable, because I can't cuz i live in BFE. Thanks Smile
Satellite internet will always be slow.
The only way to make it faster would be to switch.
Try different browsers. The new Opera has a Turbo mode which works fairly well. On some sites you can turn off signatures or images too. This would greatly increase page load speed. Even shutting off javascript should speed things up. Of course you will miss some functions and features but it's your call how you want to balance speed with function.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Get ad blocker and block images and such, as images take up tons of banwidth.
Change the color quality, screen resolution, disable images, disable sounds.
Use "Safari" for browsing. Get a bigger satellite dish, tweak your satellite dish,
try freeware CableNut:

http://download.cnet.com/CableNut/3000-2...60128.html

Safari:

http://www.apple.com/safari/

I was stuck on dial-up for a while, then i got mobile wireless broadband and the signal was poor.
I used a 5 meter USB extension lead and placed the dongle in a plastic waterproof box on the roof. Got 100% signal but it was more expensive and the data allowance sucked. Finally a port became available at the X-change after 3 years of waiting after we shifted house.

My broadband is now connected Smile

Try tweaking the satellite dish, make sure it's aimed properly, i assume it is..
I remember reading heaps of different methods on this, most of them you can do with basic household items.

good

thanx
Omniscient is correct yesterday only i have downloaded the opera 10///it works brilliant.
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
Thanks all. I will try a bunch of these and get back to you. I hope this works i hate my internet.
Cool dude, keep us posted, i want to know if an improvement is made.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Help] Connection going really slow Jordan L. 21 3,651 12-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.