Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash Drive in RAW file system
Hi,

I have a MyFlash flash drive but one day when I put it in my computer my virus program goes bananas and cleaned out a few viruses.

After that I decided to format the flash drive to make sure all the viruses is out.
So I go to My Computer and right click on the drive and click format and then start.
Waited a few seconds and then it said "Windows was unable to complete the format", then I tried to explore the drive and it said "The drive is not formatted, do you want to format it now?"

I went to CMD and tried to format it from there but same problem.
Something about the track is unreadable or something, I can't remember the exact words.

What can I try?

Thanks
Sounds like the USB has an auto run virus on it.
This would stop it from being able to format it because its in use.
Best thing to try.
Set hidden files to view, then open you usb and delete everything that is on it.
[Image: s1.jpg]
Ouch! I would immediately remove it and scan your PC and remove the virus with all means necessary(That's another story though).

Then, plugin your USB drive again and DON'T open it. Then use the CMD prompt to browse it and then delete all of them using the del command. Scan again just in case(or don't scan the first time, remove the virus afterwords).

Also, "Unreadable" sounds like your USB drive may be corrupted or broken.
Yes I would agree with brandon, get a refund immanently on your FD. Sounds like the Filesystem is corrupt.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Formatting doesn't remove a virus from your portable drive if the file is FUD and hidden Whistle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make flash videos load faster on Firefox Don Corleone 3 3,556 07-11-2011, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Don Corleone
  New drive slow Solidify 3 1,980 05-17-2011, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Boomer
  What is the best file system? Annuit Coeptis 12 1,819 04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Do0ks
  Looking for a new USB flash drive Solidify 18 2,496 03-31-2011, 02:37 PM
Last Post: h4yr0
  Largest Volume Thumb/Flash Drive Available? cheeseburger 7 1,724 06-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Tobz