Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
2 money making section?!!?! wtf?
They are 2 completely different subjects, no reason to lump them together.
Well

Support forums has a webmaster section. Within a webmaster section you should probably have a section to discuss monetization - a key factor in being a successful webmaster.

Secondly, you then have a financial forum. This(as stated) consists of finance management and how to make money OFFLINE.

Now, I see that in the financial management section there are CPALead threads, etc. The only thing that needs to change is that people are properly informed with either a sticky, etc, and that all the web moneymaking threads are moved to the proper forum.

To merge them would NOT make sense at all. People have taken the wrong idea to the financial forum(LIFE support) and are not using it properly - this doesn't mean it should be merged.

With a life support section, finances are really important.
(10-05-2010, 03:20 AM)Brandon Wrote: Within a webmaster section you should probably have a section to discuss monetization - a key factor in being a successful webmaster.

I do see what your saying mate. And agree with parts of your above post. But the bit i selected does need my usual dose of disapproval.
Too often people assume webmasters are only doing it for money.
Sure Omni is and many are. But not all.
Its actually stereotyping in point of fact. Although i know you don't intend it that way.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

True Damnik, I wrote that with a thought in mind SOMEONE would contradict me because you're right. It's true that being a successful webmaster doesn't require making money out of doing it Tongue.

Still, it's a necessary section IMO.
(10-05-2010, 03:31 AM)Brandon Wrote: Still, it's a necessary section IMO.

Yep i see what your saying. And it does have merit.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Honestly this hasn't been mentioned before, it's not even a problem. These are two totally different sections and combining them together would just be wrong, and inconvenient in my opinion.
(10-05-2010, 05:05 AM)Thomas® Wrote: Honestly this hasn't been mentioned before, it's not even a problem. These are two totally different sections and combining them together would just be wrong, and inconvenient in my opinion.

You guys can stop saying this now, this is like the 5th person to say this.

Just because something hasn't been mentioned before doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed now. If it had been mentioned before you would have said "LOL USE TEH SEARCH NEXT TIME" or something.

This IS a problem because people are posting topics in the wrong section because the online monetizing section is in the webmasters section where nobody can find it, but in reality monetizing isn't only for webmasters.

You don't need to be a webmaster to make money online and you don't need to make money online to be a webmaster so the online monetizing section shouldn't even be in that section anyways.

It would be way easier to combine both financial/real life money making and online money making into one forum section and have sub sections for both.

If you still don't understand then don't post saying it's not a problem because it really is.

(10-05-2010, 03:20 AM)Brandon Wrote: To merge them would NOT make sense at all. People have taken the wrong idea to the financial forum(LIFE support) and are not using it properly - this doesn't mean it should be merged.

They won't be merged into one entire section, they'll be separated by sub sections.

Is it really that hard to understand people?

For everyone else who still can't grasp what I'm trying to tell you;
[Image: 9g8z1j.jpg]
It doesn't matter, perhaps I misunderstood if you said delete or subsection, but the rest of my post is still valid. They are two very different areas of sections. SF has a life section, and SF has a webmaster section. What's to understand? Again, what I said pretty much outlined why it isn't merged, and what course of action should actually be taken.
Okay guys just stop responding, you aren't helping anything, you obviously don't understand.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTIONS] Money Making Online, SF Marketplace, and Reputation Peter L 18 3,743 10-31-2011, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,265 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  WTF?? Nightmarе 5 1,215 09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  WTF Eve? DAMINK™ 8 1,820 08-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.
  [Suggestion] Software Release Section or Ruby Section Jordan L. 9 2,566 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Jordan L.