Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nfo file extension
Since this is universal. I didn't think it would belong in a Windows forum as opposed to Mac or Linux, so I posted it in here.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNZzhOZNdtE&rel=0[/yt]

This is the nfo information file. I'm posting it here as I found it a little intriguing the first time I found out about it, so I thought i'd share it with all of you here. It's originally used for releases of softare, if someone wanted to put release information or update info in somewhere.

This is how you can make your own Information file. I added the support forum reference at the end because I was looking through the awards list earlier and saw a youtube "rocket" award lol. Anyways enjoy Smile

Steps:
  • Open Notepad
  • Type in any information that you want inside the file
  • Save and close the text file
  • Change the file extension to ".nfo" (Note: you may have to go into your folder options in the control panel and uncheck "Hide extension for known file types." I have this option off on my computer always since it helps me define what every type of file is on my computer instead of hiding it.)
Nothing strange about it, lol.

Anyways, good tutorial. Basic, but it's valuable because people usually don't know it's as simple as saving as a .NFO file. Thanks infinity.
Nice tutorial it was new to me lol
Hope you get your award. Fingers crossed.
[Image: s1.jpg]
I created the clip for the end of the video in Adobe After effects just for anyone that wants to get into video editing software. You can do a lot in that program. And you can add your own extensions as well, but some cost you money lol, and it can get expensive. I have around 100 different plugins that i've added to it so far.

thanks Smile
Hmm it was interesting read. I'll try it out some day.
Feel free to PM me for anything. =P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Useful Windows Shell Extension for file hash strings AceInfinity 7 3,150 03-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity