Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestion] Poster Award [/Suggestion]
I saw this raised by Eve in another thread about how there should be something else earned by posting.

At the moment at 100 posts you can give rep. Also you can gain an award on a different forum...

Why can't we have an award for posting on this forum? Say 500 or 1,000 posts gets you a contributer award?

The only downside I see is if our userbase gets very big then allot more people will have the award but I know other forums have an award for posting.

This could encourage more activity? Also seeing as LQP are banned straight away then spamming to earn it wont happen.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I think it's about time we got some more awards out to the people.
I support the decision, would be a welcoming gift for contributing to the forum.
If there would only be one award for this it should be for 1000 posts as those members have contributed the most.
[Image: burninglove4.png]
Hmm.. It could work I suppose but I think the award would be better given after a lot more posts than just 500-1000.

Lets say this forum is one day as active as say Hack Forums.. Most members over there have around 4000-5000 posts...

I don't really think an award like this should be added just yet. It would be better to add once the forum is very active with a lot of high post count members.
Thanks for your input Untouch, I just think it makes more sense because you are awarded for posting here on HF? But not on SF too?
I think this is a good idea, gives some of the less motivated people some incentive to stay here as well as HF, even though i'm still dedicated to both. I haven't gotten any awards at all lol. The awards list on HF is huge! and the awards list here is pretty small in comparison. Might be good to separate a few of the people here into groups to know what contributions they have made. Tutorials, GFX, Coding, Donations.. It all would be nice for the future, and i'm pretty sure over time people will suggest these things and they will get accepted.
You guys need to remember HF has been around a lot longer than SF. This forum is still growing and rather than adding everything at once, Omni is gradually adding things as he sees fit, which is the best way to keep members interested & active. Yes there should be more awards but at this moment in time, I really think the only suggestion that would be really beneficial is the GFX award.

Don't get me wrong I really do support this idea but I think it would be best if it was added when there is more activity here.
500 posts for an early contributor award would be great, I think. People who are making that many posts early in the forum should be awarded. I mean yeah, the forum isn't TOO new, but 500 is a lot of posts to add to the forum and would encourage people to post that much I suppose.

I support this suggestion, I'm not sure if it will be implemented though.
(09-30-2010, 04:47 PM)Brandon Wrote: 500 posts for an early contributor award would be great, I think. People who are making that many posts early in the forum should be awarded. I mean yeah, the forum isn't TOO new, but 500 is a lot of posts to add to the forum and would encourage people to post that much I suppose.

I support this suggestion, I'm not sure if it will be implemented though.

500-1000 is a very active member, even for HF if thats what you mean. You don't see it until you look at the most active on contributing members. We would need to keep a watch out for spamming posts though.
It is a good idea, obviously it would be x amount of quality posts, spammers are dealt with fast here from what I have seen so that should be no issue.
(09-30-2010, 05:06 PM)Swat Runs Train Wrote: It is a good idea, obviously it would be x amount of quality posts, spammers are dealt with fast here from what I have seen so that should be no issue.

Keeping in mind we don't have a lot of users to deal with the few that do spam though Smile

If the site gets bigger though, you'll need different ways of solving that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,293 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,221 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 753 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 18,291 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,168 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly