Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Factory Render [Rate]
Stock Images:

Result:

[Image: 30at4zb.png]

A result of testing a few brushes I downloaded today. There's a gradient between brown and blue, and the rest of it is just images, blending options, brushes, noise, brightness/contrast, blur, sharpen, dodge, and burn effects.

If there are enough requests for the psd file I always keep my project files in a folder on my computer so I can upload that as a link to here as well. I couldn't really make a good path, and the bottom of the buildings could have done a little better in my opinion. Tell me what you think.
Scrolling down, everything looks good until the buildings meet the ground, that's where it looks a little weird.

Overall though, it looks really good and I can tell it took a lot of work, good job. Smile
Thats what I noticed as well, when I was doing it, I need to maybe put some clouds in front of the bottom, or add some darkness in front of it to make the layers mesh in that area. with the stock image I found for the building it seemed odd at full fill and opacity, so I did at a little bit of a transparency, and lightening the color could have been an option. Theres lots of things I could have done on this though.

So far the flaws are the path, and the area where the building meets the ground. I'll figure it out eventually through more experienced member responses Smile thanks for taking the time to make a comment

EDIT: the far left tower looks good, for where its placed on the horizon, maybe I can just move them individually at that fine line between the clouds and the ground?

2nd try -
You could try adding more clouds between the buildings and the ground. Also, try playing around with the levels, with that and some burning/dodging maybe they will blend more.

Original:
[Image: flatr.jpg]

After levels and burning:
[Image: grnd.jpg]

Anyway, I get the feeling of a deserted over-polluted city. Nice. Smile
[Image: MpzF8.gif]
(09-26-2010, 05:23 PM)NEC Wrote: You could try adding more clouds between the buildings and the ground. Also, try playing around with the levels, with that and some burning/dodging maybe they will blend more.

Original:
[Image: flatr.jpg]

After levels and burning:
[Image: grnd.jpg]

Anyway, I get the feeling of a deserted over-polluted city. Nice. Smile

That was some good advice. Thankyou Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mega Render Pack Relaase NekoChan 30 10,043 01-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Last Post: god1234
  [Rate] Rate My HF Wallpaper Please <3 :) D Generation X 59 5,439 03-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Toph
  Xbox 360 Logo Render | My First! BreShiE 7 2,043 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Egg
  Jack Skellington Render BreShiE 5 1,994 12-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Egg
  [Tutorial] How To Render NekoChan 30 6,548 12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Last Post: D Generation X