Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freshwaster Fish Care
Yes, definitely ensure that your fish are not being over fed. Actually, I had about 3-4 barbs in a glass bowl years ago for the fun of it. Someone accidentally overfed it and it resulted in all of them dying. I also wasn't using proper filtration...big mistake.

A lot of the fish I have kept didn't end up well. I've had goldfish and barbs(Is that what they're called? I don't know anymore) and all of them ended up dying on me. When I purchased the whole setup and even took care of them properly it didn't work out. I'm just not a good fish carekeeper I guess.

But I would say to definitely don't be too worried when they die on you. It seems to happen a lot...lol. My brother on the other hand though has a gold fish that just seems to never die. He's had it for a couple years now using a simple glass bowl and that's it. His 3 year old has even picked it up before. Some fish are just really durable I suppose.

I consider fish cool decoration - you'll get bored of the novelty if you're like most people and just like it as decoration after a while
I enjoyed reading your mini-story.
I used to have a fish tank with 2 fishes inside. I didn't have any plants there, but I had some toys so the fish can play with.
Lucky you, I was the one kid who had like 20 fish over a span of 6 months, and they'd always die. Of course these kind of fish weren't meant to survive very long, but it was quite morbid and depressing. Can't wait to see pictures of the aquarium once it's done. I've used to want an aquarium, but I realize where I currently live there wouldn't possibly be a place to put it.
What kind of fish are you going to get? Not too long ago I had a similar size aquarium with south american cichlids, they are violent little fish but very nice when you get a decent variety going.

Are you going to get a plecostamus to help keep the tank clean? (well worth it IMO)
I have a little fish tank with 3 little fishy's Smile One is called Bradley, Other Goldie & Killer Big Grin
Please familiarise yourself with the site rules - Linking to adult related content is forbidden.
omni im willing to be your pet fish!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Post your Aquarium!! Fish gallons Jinu 19 2,459 03-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Last Post: h3x3n
  Anyone have a saltwater fish tank? Radix 5 972 11-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Last Post: WTC
  How Often Do you clean your Fish tank? WiFi. 8 5,198 02-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Last Post: WiFi.