Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Graphic Design Dictionary
I was thinking if this could be a sticky of some sort, and someone could add visual displays of what each of the "effect" definitions would look like. Images in a spoiler or something like that. Might be cool to have that reference, and this could become a very reputable thread.
Thank you for this
[Image: 25qgpvk.png]
Aim: Kinectful
Msn: HF-Kinect@live.com
Gamertag: Kinectful
This is really helpful, for learning GFX and providing constructive feedback. Well done.
To contribute and add to this, I might even try incorporating my idea of adding pictures to the definitions/descriptions to add in there later. I believe it would be a good reference to sum up the meaning of all the terms he's explained. I'm not sure though, i've seen the list and theres a lot to do if someone were to make an explanation visual for each .. lol.

Just my idea was to reinforce definitions like "abstract" since there is no real way of explaining this in a way so that someone could draw an abstract drawing without a true meaning of what they are first, if they have never heard of abstract before.
Oh thanks! I was having trouble understanding words like, ''Stock'', but they're not on this list Tongue

I know what it means, now.

And bookmarked.
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
stock is the same as render I believe, but that should be added to the list. It seems to be a popular term around here, even though i've never used it before I started posting around here.

Found a few others as well:

Distort - subcategories in the filter as well.
Texture
Sharpen
Border
(possibly .ICO?) the image format for website bookmark icons? (16x16px)
Thank you for the feedback. I'll get round to updating this sometime tomorrow.
Updated it again... The dictionary now contains 111 words and is still being updated on a daily basis.
(09-26-2010, 02:38 PM)Infinity Wrote: stock is the same as render I believe, but that should be added to the list. It seems to be a popular term around here, even though i've never used it before I started posting around here.

Completely wrong lol. Stock and render are like oposites.
A stock is an image with a background while a render is just the image with no background. Thumbsup
[Image: burninglove4.png]
(09-27-2010, 02:07 PM)Untouch Wrote: Completely wrong lol. Stock and render are like oposites.
A stock is an image with a background while a render is just the image with no background. Thumbsup

Not always. A stock is just a photograph that can be used for commercial use. There are no rules as to whether or not it needs a background. A render is just computer created image with 3D qualities to it (So yes that would generally mean having a transparent background).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the best graphic design software to use in learning graphic design? sponnerjhon 25 5,083 03-09-2013, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Toph
  role of graphic design dotline 3 835 03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
  Graphic Design AND WEBSIT DESINGS remas 2 773 03-09-2013, 01:11 PM
  What is the best program to buy if you are trying to get into graphic design? Robertss 5 1,183 12-15-2012, 10:46 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine
  What are some good graphic design books and software? Jhonalid1 10 1,976 10-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Last Post: angel.carry