Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reptilian fans anyone? :)
(09-22-2010, 12:44 AM)Sιℓνєя Wrote: Yes i love snakes too they are cool and scary animals xD

When I first handled a snake, I was about 11 at some camp holding a random snake. It creeped the hell out of me. It really really did...I'm not a fan of insects, birds, and until that day..reptiles. Reptiles always fascinated me, however they creeped me out too. When you first hold one, it can be a little nerve racking however once you get used to them and start getting into holding them alone they really warm up on you. They love the warmth of your hand and you begin to get more experienced on what techniques to use to keep them safe.

So, long story short if you hold a snake a few times you'll become accustomed to it trust me Smile.

Just don't pick up an annoyed snake, or a hostile snake..Especially adult snakes in petshops(they can be untamed and dangerous from not being handled properly or very often) and especially don't handle a wild snake.
(09-22-2010, 02:27 AM)Brandon Wrote: When I first handled a snake, I was about 11 at some camp holding a random snake. It creeped the hell out of me. It really really did...I'm not a fan of insects, birds, and until that day..reptiles. Reptiles always fascinated me, however they creeped me out too. When you first hold one, it can be a little nerve racking however once you get used to them and start getting into holding them alone they really warm up on you. They love the warmth of your hand and you begin to get more experienced on what techniques to use to keep them safe.

So, long story short if you hold a snake a few times you'll become accustomed to it trust me Smile.

Just don't pick up an annoyed snake, or a hostile snake..Especially adult snakes in petshops(they can be untamed and dangerous from not being handled properly or very often) and especially don't handle a wild snake.

Yep could not agree more.
Also i found if you just go to pick a snake up without introducing yourself your often susceptible to a bite.
Also dont turn your face on a snake. For some reason there opportunistic animals and do often bite when you turn your head.
Cant tell you how many times my snakes have hit me when i turn my back trying to take them out of there enclosures.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Nah they're fine when trying to take them out of their enclosures. When you have a docile(not all species are) snake that was well taken care of and is used to your hands, and also if you didn't feed it in the cage, then you'll have no problem getting it from their enclosures. The more important thing is their safety, and I don't say that because I put them ahead of me(Nope, i'm not F*ckin peta but I do care for them) but because I've never been attacked by a mature snake that is used to being handled.

Not to mention, a lot of these guys are harmless when they're in their fiesty stage(young). 99% of the time you will also get a warning hiss, then a warning lashout, then you'll be bitten. That even applies to wild snakes.
(09-22-2010, 03:02 AM)Brandon Wrote: Nah they're fine when trying to take them out of their enclosures. When you have a docile(not all species are) snake that was well taken care of and is used to your hands, and also if you didn't feed it in the cage, then you'll have no problem getting it from their enclosures. The more important thing is their safety, and I don't say that because I put them ahead of me(Nope, i'm not F*ckin peta but I do care for them) but because I've never been attacked by a mature snake that is used to being handled.

Not to mention, a lot of these guys are harmless when they're in their fiesty stage(young). 99% of the time you will also get a warning hiss, then a warning lashout, then you'll be bitten. That even applies to wild snakes.

Not always from my experience.
I had most recently a 7 foot snake (darwin coastal python). In an enclosure in the living room actually.
I used to take him out every day. Well many times a day normally.
I used to let him move around at his leisure.
However i did feed him in his enclosure and i think you hit the mark here.
In his enclosure if you were not slow and almost to the point of letting him come out first he would often strike.
Not to attack so much as to probe almost. Not sure how they think to be honest.
But he did bite me quite a bit. However. Snake bites are very subtle i feel. So wipe off the blood and move on.
(ironically the bite is small but they do bleed)
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Snake bites can be severe actually. Especially a python.

Anyone feeding their snake in an enclosure is inevitable to be bitten. Snakes have natural instincts, and people must respect and work around that. A python is also not the most docile snake in the world..but it's good.
I love snake's.
I have one my self.
[Image: 25qgpvk.png]
Aim: Kinectful
Msn: HF-Kinect@live.com
Gamertag: Kinectful
I've never had a reptile, but I'd like to get a snake.. I think they are awesome creatures.
I've had a few gold fish when I was like 6-7, but that's about the closest I've come.

Although I've always wanted a turtle, they're fascinating creatures.
I am a total fan, I have like 7 snakes!
Never heard of such a animal before LOLZER!