Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dad spilled hot chocolate on keyboard
Well my dad accidentaly spilled hot chocolate on his dell inspiron e1505 keyboard. He vacuumed it out but it refuses to turn on. After pressing the power button, all you hear is the cd-rom drive spinning a little and the lights turn on momentarily then it powers down. We completely opened it up and
this is what seemed wet (Click to View)
Everything else seemed ok.

What I'm asking is if there's any way to fix it.
It has an intel centrino processor. Here are the parts, if they will be useful.

Its a few years old and he cant afford to get a new one so that's out of the question Pinch
that bad, i own a computer service repair shop in my country, and after the typhoon Ondoy, many computers have been delivered to us due to water damage.

well the trick in water damaged computers or electronics is do not turn it on if its not completely dry.

what you should have done when the hot chocolate spilled is disassemble the laptop and then get the motherboard, wash it with water and dishwashing liquid. and then blower it. until its completely dry.

once you turned on a wet computer or other electronics. surely it will short circuit. so probably your board now is dead.
Owch my sister spilled chocolate on her computer and half her keyboard died!
[Image: pughacking.png]
I thought you said it was spilled on the keyboard? Not the motherboard. Regardless, drexdrex007 is correct
Blame it on the dad eh? Tongue

Sorry I have no knowledge what so ever when it comes to computer hardware, I just found the thread title funny so thought I'd check it out.

Best of luck getting it sorted.
Thanks everybody.
It did spill on the keyboard but it mustve leaked onto the motherboard since the motherboard looked kinda darkish in some parts and sticky.
And it was my dad -_- I have no problem with admitting that I would do someting like that but I didnt.