Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Question] Swearing Allowed or Not?
As stated in the rules, "14. English only and proper grammar required. Sorry but we will not allow posts in any language other than english and we expect good grammar." Proper grammar is what he wishes from us, correct? So i'm confused if swearing is on the border of proper and improper if its used like this: That ass had been trolling on me and making fun of me all the time, especially giving me bad reputation.

Just an example, it was really unclear. Thanks, i'd appreciate a response so I can tune my language into proper support forums default.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
It's better not to curse on this website, since It's minor friendly and all that.

You rarely see swearing on the site.
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
If you swear the filter will block it. However evasion of the swear filter is an offence.
Since this is a support forums and trying to bring only good to everyone, I suggest refraining from swearing.

Of course it depends on the word though, I think personally that sh*t should be allowed, because even my teachers use it in front of us, and I'm only 15.

Then again I guess since this site doesn't allow cursing, it may allow people younger than 15 to join, because it's not bad or derogatory posting.

Anyway, you should take this up with Omni, because he'll probably tell you yes or no. Sometimes people use curses to emphasize their story. If you're using it for personal pleasure or trying to be funny, this isn't the right place to do it.

If you're talking about something like, "That scared the sh*t out of me," I think it would be more appropriate.
Well, I'm sure it's meant that "proper grammar" doesn't mean cursing at all.

I think it depends on what sort of context you are using it in. If you are using it to flame someone, then that's one thing. If you are saying fudge my life, I need help - that's another.

Honestly this forum is not directed towards a younger(like 13-) crowd so I'm sure it's fine..
Swearing has nothing to do with grammar.

Swear words are filtered, bypassing filters is against the rules.
K thanks guys I had no Idea and was clueless on how that worked.
[Image: t5BWm.png]
Swearing just makes you look immature and uneducated in my opinion.
[Image: Respect.png]
Show Respect, Earn Respect.
An almost legal teen (XVII), social media whore, politics and technology lover. Good at misanthropy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Gold/Items allowed in Marketplace? Metapod 5 1,458 06-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bandors
  we are allowed to ask for rep? +devilpsn 15 2,922 09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Alright Lets Get This Straight: HF Topics Are Not Allowed At SF Resistance 26 10,747 09-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Date
  [Allowed?] Asking for Donation Metapod 4 1,016 05-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Skill
  "Error - Given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today" Peter L 14 3,445 03-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Psychosis