Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDOS help
Hey,

I believe that two of my websites are being DDOSed, those particular sites are both on shared hosting. To be honest i have no idea of how to go about preventing or redirecting these attacks as firstly i don't know who's attacking me.

I could block them in the .htacess or through the cpanel but i don't know who's attacking me. How would i get there IP(s)?

Thank you for your help.
Hard to stop. If its only a few ips then you could just ban them with .htaccess but beyond that there is little you can do on a shared host.
You could try ask the host to limit the max connections but i dont think they will.
Ultimately you just have to weather the storm.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I could block them in the .htacess or through the cpanel but i don't know who's attacking me. How would i get there IP(s)?
Check in your server logs. You can view them from CPanel.
The Rules!

I don't believe it has any server logs, i can't see anything relating to that. Sad
If you cant access your server logs then it makes it a bit hard.
Unless you have a forum or something which is also capable of monitoring to some extent the ips.
I think at this point you should perhaps open a support ticket with your host and see if they can identify who is up to no good and help you.
You really need the logs.
The Rules!

The one i'm looking at atm is hosted on 000webhost.com so it's on a free host. Is there no other way to do this manually, i doubt their support will do anything or at worst pull my site down.