Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arts Section - [Suggestion]
I was thinking, theres a Graphics section, but there isn't a section for people to show & discuss other types of Art such as Illustrations, Fine Art, Textiles, Prints, Photography, Typography, Street Art etc..

I'm not sure how this would be added, (whether or not it would be a category on its own or a sub-category).

What do you guys think? I'm sure it would pick up activity pretty quickly and would be a very useful and fun section to have added.

Please discuss.
Most of what you just mentioned, goes under graphics.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
No it doesn't. Graphics is a sub-genre of its own. The Graphics Section is there for users to post computer aided designs.
Anything to do with graphics / art I support. Big Grin
Although I havn't seen enough of this type of work here for it to have a section of it's own, yet!
[Image: burninglove4.png]
I support this but like Untouch said, there isn't enough posts of that sort of stuff to make its own section.
I think the reason there are not enough posts is simply that there isn't a section to post them in yet.
Illustrations, Prints and Typography go under computer graphics.

Wiki Wrote:Graphics (from Greek γραφικός graphikos) are visual presentations on some surface, such as a wall, canvas, computer screen, paper, or stone to brand, inform, illustrate, or entertain. Examples are photographs, drawings, Line Art, graphs, diagrams, typography, numbers, symbols, geometric designs, maps, engineering drawings, or other images.

Before arguing, do your search.
(09-04-2010, 03:01 PM)NekoChan Wrote: Illustrations, Prints and Typography go under computer graphics.

Before arguing, do your search.

Nobody is arguing for starters. And I have done my research (I studied Graphic Design at college).
Yes you can use Illustration, Prints and Typography to create an image that would be classed as a "Graphic Design" just as you can implement graphic design into an oil painting... But in order for it to be a Graphic Design, the final image must be compiled using computer software of some sort.

You say they go under "Computer Graphics".. That is the key phrase here. I'm suggesting a section where arts that are not created using computers can be discussed.
Yes, I also think that there must be a section, Omni must look at this.
Graphics doesn't mean its PC related, Graphics can be anything, even IRL drawings.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Add windows 8 to Windows support section. Eternal. 4 1,232 10-13-2014, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Clark
  Suggestion - Add: Sound Hardware section in Computer Support Topics Eternal. 2 760 10-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Eternal.
  [Suggestion] Debate Section Hуѕтєяιa X™ 8 2,229 06-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: Hуѕтєяιa X™
  Suggestion; Community Tutorials [Section/Sub-section] eax 6 1,266 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Jacob
  [Suggestion] Coding section Untouch 11 2,506 03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Untouch