Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MYBB] Login Help [MYBB]
Basically when i try and log into mybb it does nothing it just takes me back to the main index page i get no error or anything i have tryed clearing my cache and cookie, i am using firefox and using mybb 1.6 also that is the only account on the site as i made it today.

site:
http://browser-chiefs.co.uk
This once happened to me. I couldnt find a way to fix it other then an annoying process or reinstallation.

First off, Is your site updated? Meaning up to date and version 1.6?
If so then to see if it was the same as my glitch do the following.

Login (you will be redirected to Index and it will still say "guest Login")
Click on any random thread (From new threads is the easiest)
Click back to forum index from the Navigation

You should then be logged in (At least thats how it was with me)

Outside of that, make sure your cookies are set right and everything in settings is ok. Check your plugins for outdated ones and reply back if you get any more info.
[Image: deities.jpg]
was a problem with the cookies thanks for the help anyway.
Haha, You got off easy. Thats a good thing you had it fixed. I would of linked up a tutorial for it but I misread and thought you had already checked everything over.

Good luck on your forum.
[Image: deities.jpg]
I know how to solve this problem, for future reference you will need to access your settings.php file via FTP and change your cookie domain to .yourdomain.com

This should work.
what i did sam Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstaPush for MyBB MasterZuFu 3 1,663 04-28-2019, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Aida01
  [Premium] Modern - Fully responsive for MyBB 1.8 thanhtua4 1 1,530 06-30-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: thanhtua4
  MyBB Installation Tutorial Nasyr 0 860 10-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Nasyr
  [Release] Flat Desire : Stunning Flat Premium MyBB Theme envira 1 2,225 10-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nasyr
  MyBB - Tabbed Menu - How to put them in order? Squeaker 0 928 04-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Squeaker