Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming killing my relationships? Please help.
If you honestly want to get rid of it, just donate your Xbox to a charity or something. Win win situation. Less fortunate kids get something they would love and you kick your addiction.
Tell your parents to sell your xbox and put the money into a savings account for you.
(08-26-2010, 03:06 PM)iTz Realiity Wrote: well my girlfriend isn't a hardcore xbox gamer girl, Mike. lol. She is more of a gamer where if I was on she would go on and we'd play some customs or go into social.
Today is my 11th day off of all gaming. I'm feeling absolutely amazing because I feel like I've accomplished something everyday. My girlfriend is being unbelievably supportive because she knows how much I used to play. I get the occasional joke if she plays with her older brother, but I feel a lot more happy. Apparently I'm a lot more funny too.
I went and apologized to my ex, who is my best friend, and she was fine with it. I don't really have urges to play anymore.

Congrats on breaking the addiction. Just make sure that if/when you start playing again to remember how you feel right now, and limiting yourself will be easy. Good luck! Thumbsup

Also, people need to read more than the 1st post. Sleep
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Umm, wake up early and play then, it will bet boring because no one will be on and you will want to play less.

Hang out with friends during the afternoons and then play a little befor you go bed.

Nuff said..
I was a hardcore gamer and a "PC NERD" once.

Then my friend dragged me into a scout camp and after that I'm all about wilderness, you should try some.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
It's all up to you. We can merely offer suggestions.

You gotta do it in moderation, or get rid of the whole thing.
Guys, in case you haven't read the whole thread, it's done. My girlfriend ended it. I'm miserable. I have a different thread for my advice.
Thanks everyone.
No need to post here anymore
Just unplug the cord and toss it in your parents car when they go to work, You wont be able to play all day and it lets you be free to do other stuff.
i punched my xbox till it broke, it helps
[Image: ZR3Tr.png]
Try setting a timer when you start gameplay and try to abide by an alotted time for yourself if you really want to quit.
Or
Give your games to your parents and ask them to hold onto them.
[Image: pageviews=1]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  me, insecurity and relationships robcooley123 7 1,892 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: pgcar
  Ehh... Relationships are hard :( Astrael 1 905 07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: masami
  My Thoughts of Trust in Relationships Metapod 4 1,341 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: username999
  I have a serious issue sex and relationships. K3STR3Lx 7 1,131 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  this is KILLING me! Reykjavik 7 1,088 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: sockatobi