Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming killing my relationships? Please help.
Sell it to some kids at school.
I've had this exact problem man, I know how you feel.
You have to start doing something else, find a TV show that you and your girlfriend are both interested in. Maybe even your friends, does your girlfriend like your friends ?

If so, just ask them to hang out. Say I thought we could start a new show I wanted to watch with you guys. Trust me man, You will find other uses for your xbox once you stop playing it all the time.

I used to be a Halo 3 addict, just everyday I would wake up sit down and play then eat and then play some more. Odd time on the weekend or something I would pack up all my stuff (xbox, moniter and headset) and go play at one of my friends house.

I don't play anymore but you have to find a common interest for all of you, your friends and your girlfriend but you can't forget yourself.
A show that will drag all of you in, I would have to say Lost. Your girlfriend will like it for all the romance and drama in it, but you and your friends will like it for the controversy ad mystery.

It is easy to get away from Halo once you want to man, just remember that.
[Image: baked1.png]
You don't have to give up gaming, but I recommend that you start spending time with your friends and girl friend instead of playing the games. I know it may seem hard for you to give up on it like 'cold turkey', but just stop playing it little by little until you reach to the point where you are happy with your friends, girl friend and gaming.
I suggest you to find a new hobby.
Don't stop gaming, cause it's an awesome hobby.
Maybe start doing a sport, beside gaming?

I felt the same way some time ago, it was just with my PC.
Now I'm going to the gym 4-5 times a week, and I feel much better with myself.
Simply reduce the time you spend playing games.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  me, insecurity and relationships robcooley123 7 1,892 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: pgcar
  Ehh... Relationships are hard :( Astrael 1 905 07-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: masami
  My Thoughts of Trust in Relationships Metapod 4 1,341 05-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Last Post: username999
  I have a serious issue sex and relationships. K3STR3Lx 7 1,131 03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Starbreak
  this is KILLING me! Reykjavik 7 1,088 06-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: sockatobi