Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams
It starts with a word... "Dreams" and from there it grows... "What are dreams? Are they some sick joke imposed on us by a God that created us, or perhaps a mistake in our long evolution." Silence... Not a sound could be heard throughout the room. "Dreams show nothing other than our hope for a better world. Our powerlessness and lack of resolve when things are too difficult for us to comprehend. What are dreams good for?" Still... nothing. The room was void of sound. Only the clock. "Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock." A hand goes up and every head in the room shifts towards it.

The person who was speaking before nodded in acknowledgment and the other person began to speak. "Dreams are what make us humans. They help us to understand the logic that are universe it based on. Without them what would we be? Would we think of the future at all? Would we understand the things that keep us sane? Everyone needs hope; therefore, everyone needs to dream."

"Do you think that one outweighs the other?"
"I think..." A loud buzzing sweeps through the room. With it came the rustle of movement and the sound of the halls filling with commotion.

The man standing in the front of the room sat down and started writing in a notebook on his desk. With an exasperated sigh he waved his left hand towards the door. "Class dismissed."
Jeez man, really nice. This had a lot more to it then I expected. Deeper meaning, to it. Nice job man. Keep it up and let's see some more.
I'm trying to get better at writing.
I don't really spend much time writing things so you'll probably notice me editing after I post. Smile

I'll try to post more when I can.
This is pretty nice. I strongly believe that you should keep writing stuff like this, as you'll surely get better and better.

If you ever need someone to review it, or need an opinion, drop me a PM here or on HF.
Dreams are the most beautiful thing in the world. Nightmares may not be, however.
Please continue , you could become a great writer , it was fantastic
Mad
I really enjoyed reading this =). I hope to see more pieces like this from you in the future. Keep it up.
(08-20-2010, 01:00 PM)Sharkey Wrote: Dreams are the most beautiful thing in the world. Nightmares may not be, however.

I kind of feel like the teacher in the story.
Dreams only show are weakness and inability to work for our goals.

We do need them though.