Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticking laptop.
I have an acer netbook I just got it over the summer. I just noticed like 2 days ago it makes a ticking noise when it charges, when it gets hot. Any ideas why? Thanks in advance Tongue This is in the wrong section dammit!
(10-10-2009, 09:26 PM)alpha1997 Wrote: Still a gay laptop.

LOL =/ cold
(10-10-2009, 09:26 PM)alpha1997 Wrote: Still a gay laptop.

No need for that.

What kind of ticking noise? Like a clock? If so, send it back, i had an acer aspire one for a while, never had that. If its just sounds like the computers fan is going and hitting something, you still should send it back.
hmmm thanks I will see what I can do. It has stopped now, even though the charger is still in.It has fully charged.
(10-10-2009, 09:33 PM)Socrates Wrote: hmmm thanks I will see what I can do. It has stopped now, even though the charger is still in.It has fully charged.
Then that may be it.
Quote:I thought computer clocks were digital.
Who said anything about a computer clock? I mean like the old kind? That tick?
(10-10-2009, 09:46 PM)alpha1997 Wrote: Who said anything about a computer clock? I mean like the old kind? That tick?

You did, Stupid person.
[/quote]

No, read i actually didn't.
(10-10-2009, 09:31 PM)Tm0 Wrote: No need for that.

What kind of ticking noise? Like a clock? If so, send it back, i had an acer aspire one for a while, never had that. If its just sounds like the computers fan is going and hitting something, you still should send it back.

Because i always assume people have issues, instead of being completely stupid, i am going to assume, you have moderate Austism or another terrible disability.

If not, your just stupid. What could've you gained by doing this? Other then coming off as idiot.
Ticking noise - a BOMB

Anyways, you should contact them, and get a refund.
Hmmm well fmpov it's either the fan or the power is going funky. if you can get it open Replug in the wire's going to the charge opening. Try running it when it's open aswell see if it truly is the fan or a power related problem.
Could it be a short and the noise is a spark?