Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me think of a domain?
binary revolution
ethicalcoding.com
deepcode.com
rootkitcode.com
[Image: deities.jpg]
Thanks again everyone. I've narrowed these suggestions down & now have 2 domains that I can't decide between.

VisualForums
ProgrammingLayer

The rest were good but either weren't what I was looking for, or were taken.
Programming Layer, VisualForums doesn't relate to programming much. Plus I suggested PL Big Grin
I was thinking VisualForums because of Microsoft Visual Basic/C++/CSharp etc...
(Which would be the main topics of interest)

I think I might think about it for a few days before deciding.

Thanks again.
Too many skids use VB.
That name will probably turn away some could-be members.
I like VisualForums, it can relate...

But you're right, to many skids use vB.
The forum will be Invite only registration. So if I feel someone may be a "skid" or a leecher.. They simple will not get an invite.
Invite only you say? Big Grin How would one go about getting an invitation?

If c/p skids will be turned away then VisualForums sounds great. Big Grin
I don't think people finding the site through google and asking "How do I make awesome hacks with VB!!!!!" would be a very productive place.
(08-17-2010, 06:06 PM)Road Kamelot Wrote: Invite only you say? Big Grin How would one go about getting an invitation?

If c/p skids will be turned away then VisualForums sounds great. Big Grin
I don't think people finding the site through google and asking "How do I make awesome hacks with VB!!!!!" would be a very productive place.

To start off I plan on writing up an Application Form template for users to apply for an invitation. Once the forum has a good amount of members and activity (Perhaps around 300-500 members), I will give members the option to invite 1 friend every few weeks. Obviously this won't stop all skids from coming onto the forum but I hope it will turn away most.

Maybe it will be succesfull, maybe not. I can always remove invitation only registration if it doesn't go as planned.