Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with installing ubuntu
So i have been trying to install ubuntu 10.04 laptop version for some time now. I have used wubi and it worked fine.
I chanced the boot order in bios and booted from my usb.
Then i get a menu asking me if i want to boot from usb or install to usb or something. I tryed both and the same thing happens.
Alot of numbers and letters comes up (In the start something with casper) and then my screen goes black and my usb stops working.
I tryed on 2 usbs but i get the same problem.

Someone from another forum told me that ubuntu couldn't run on some computers is this true and is there a way around this?

Thanks
Try burning the ISO to a cd and "Live Booting" it up then it should give you a choice or trying or installing.
^ try that, it worked for me once.
You coulod try using a live cd, but yes some computer can lead ubuntu, due to its hardware. you might have to wait til the next version, or get a new laptop

Sorry
[Image: Halo%203%202v2.png]
Thanks guys i'll try it out Smile
What brand of PC are you using, and what version of Ubuntu

Guys if he used Wubi with no problems it means he can install it Confused
Did that work for you Test? I had a similar problem recently, what the people described above worked for me, thanks guys Smile.
If it just goes black it most likely means you don't have enough RAM to install it.
He can install it, like ReaLiTy said, if he could run it under Wubi then he can install. The problem will likely be that the ISO did not copy all of the necessary files to the USB Stick correctly or you are not waiting long enough for it to boot. Another possibility is that the ISO you downloaded is corrupt, you may want to run an md5 check against the ISO to see if it matches the version given on the website.
(08-24-2010, 05:16 PM)Holy Wrote: He can install it, like ReaLiTy said, if he could run it under Wubi then he can install. The problem will likely be that the ISO did not copy all of the necessary files to the USB Stick correctly or you are not waiting long enough for it to boot. Another possibility is that the ISO you downloaded is corrupt, you may want to run an md5 check against the ISO to see if it matches the version given on the website.

No it's not the same.
He can install it with wubi because it takes less ram.

If you get a black screen it means you don't have enough ram.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Ubuntu 11.04 >>Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.10 aminmusa 15 7,070 04-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Last Post: aminmusa
  Help installing ubuntu on a vm Annuit Coeptis 3 1,185 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Last Post: InfamousKnight
  [ubuntu v=9.10]Apache2 errors[/ubuntu] jfmherokiller 10 3,683 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Last Post: haphazard
  Installing and using Tor in Ubuntu 10.04 MarkW7 10 10,129 09-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Last Post: MarkW7
  Tutorial: Installing Ubuntu/Basics of Ubuntu Canoris 16 9,213 05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Natha