Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database Imported
$15. The work and effort cost me more. Spent I think about 2 hours total to get it all set correctly.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(08-05-2010, 06:24 PM)Omniscient Wrote: $15. The work and effort cost me more. Spent I think about 2 hours total to get it all set correctly.

Well nice theory Omni.
[Image: electricdreamswithborde.png]
(08-05-2010, 06:24 PM)Omniscient Wrote: $15. The work and effort cost me more. Spent I think about 2 hours total to get it all set correctly.

Yeah, but that added an extra 3k posts, which we couldn't of got in 2 hours. I agree that 2 hours of your time is pretty busy, since HF and all. It's not that bad. Decent buy, considering you make that much from a L33T sale. Seems like we're headed in the right direction here.
3000 posts is about 10-14 days of posts with current stats. So it's not a huge boost but for $15 I did it anyways.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Can i ask why SF does not have decent SEO for links.
You a damn coding god Omni. SF should have decent links instead of showthread.php?tid=223545345443
Get it showing. http://www.supportforums.net/great-admin...a-god.html or somethin?
Taking the thread title for the link etc.
I am sure you could do it and the time spent would be gold time. Google and other search engines will love it.
Getting old content will ultimately be viewed as that. Dup content yes?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(08-05-2010, 10:21 PM)Omniscient Wrote: 3000 posts is about 10-14 days of posts with current stats. So it's not a huge boost but for $15 I did it anyways.

That's not too bad. I thought it'd be more then just 2 weeks. That's pretty amazing. So that means we'll reach 100,000 in this week most likely..? Even better.
The whole SEO urls theory is garbage imho. Just look at HF. Never used it there either. The funny thing is that the less I care about gimicky SEO the better my sites do in search engines.

We have 12,000 results in Google. That's more than 100% of all threads. Compare that to other MyBB sites using SEO urls.

The past 30 days shows that Google sent 12,400 vistitors here from 5300 different keywords.
(08-06-2010, 12:06 AM)Omniscient Wrote: The whole SEO urls theory is garbage imho. Just look at HF. Never used it there either. The funny thing is that the less I care about gimicky SEO the better my sites do in search engines.

We have 12,000 results in Google. That's more than 100% of all threads. Compare that to other MyBB sites using SEO urls.

The past 30 days shows that Google sent 12,400 vistitors here from 5300 different keywords.

OK thats your opinion. Let it be noted.
I believe SEO to be VERY important and am very surprised you dont.
But i do understand google does entertain these sort of links more and more.
But i wonder head to head. Same PR and alexa rank. Same thread topic and content.
Who would win on the search?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I said "SEO urls" were garbage. Never said SEO was. I can guarantee you that I have more custom SEO changes to this site than anyone else running a MyBB forum. You just don't notice it which makes the SEO that much better. Smile
You seem to have a relaxed way of getting posts on your sites... Import a database, done.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Importing Database and Downtime Omniscient 36 3,564 04-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Last Post: iMario