Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on writing songs?
Okay so I have always struggled to write songs and I want some tips but there is an extra good part to this. All of the tips will be compiled and added to the thread in a spoiler tag, then it can be come a reference for people wanting to write songs. Submit some guys!
[Image: electricdreamswithborde.png]
It depends what kind of songs you're writing, really.
Don't try too hard, just let it flow.
I also need the same advise. As English is not my native language so may be it would be difficult for me.
As said above don't try to hard. Sit there with that pencil in your hand and a notebook in front of you. Don't think. just let your mind float. right anything that comes to my mind. then you can form this into a song. Also listen to songs. nothing has to be %100 out of your head. some of my songs are based off others. Trust me you will get used to it. Write for yourself though. don't write for others. Update your songs constantly to keep making them better. there is no perfect song. I am someone who push's myself beyond my limits anyway thinking everything i do sucks.
[Image: psychois21.png]
To be honest my friend, it would be best (based on experience) to write about something you strongly feel drawn towards (that being the majority of your thought processes). Like, I felt strongly drawn to my ex, and thus I wrote pages and pages everytime I felt a pang. I've received many good comments on them too. And even if it's not pain, let it be something that bothers you, but write it as though someone has to figure it out. If it has more than one meaning, then it is more suited for a wide variety of audiences and may speak to each person differently. And whatever you write, make sure you have a place to have it scrutinised; such SF =D
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Don't think about it.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

^ exactly. Let it come to you it will come just be ready when it does
[Image: psychois21.png]
(08-03-2010, 11:11 PM)Rhythm Wrote: It depends what kind of songs you're writing, really.
Well I don't really know, would I try the song genres I like or do I just find the one I am best at writing and how would I do it?

(08-04-2010, 03:54 PM)XΞnon-C Wrote: To be honest my friend, it would be best (based on experience) to write about something you strongly feel drawn towards (that being the majority of your thought processes). Like, I felt strongly drawn to my ex, and thus I wrote pages and pages everytime I felt a pang. I've received many good comments on them too. And even if it's not pain, let it be something that bothers you, but write it as though someone has to figure it out. If it has more than one meaning, then it is more suited for a wide variety of audiences and may speak to each person differently. And whatever you write, make sure you have a place to have it scrutinised; such SF =D
I will definitely try this thanks and I will post it up here when it's done or they are done...

(08-04-2010, 05:31 PM)Cybr Wrote: Don't think about it.
Fair enough I won't.

Thanks all you guys and sorry I took so long to reply, internet went off.
[Image: electricdreamswithborde.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing Prompt: On An Island Eternal. 2 1,102 10-15-2016, 03:18 AM
Last Post: thomasf2220
  Writing stories in english Bat Wang 4 1,603 07-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  writing a book mamba11111 5 1,371 07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Antojose01
  Creative writing class? Herbal 5 1,739 11-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ElizabethLopez
  Descriptive Writing CoughSyrup 3 1,169 03-13-2013, 12:07 PM