Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
[Feedback] Hackforums compared to Supportforums!
(08-01-2010, 07:12 PM)Slug Wrote: HackForums is always going to be better just because of how much content there is and the amount of time Omni put into it inless of course this forum gets loads of attention from him also.

I have a strong feeling that this site will become as good as HF if not better.
Hackforums will never be better due to the mass amount of LQP and trolling, or on the other hand rep abusers and infecting members.

There is the population that is HQ, but you never know really since what happened with dirtysouth561, people are stupid there. According to Omni, I am too Oui
I'm so much more comfortable with this site, I don't really like hacking anymore, hopefully i'll finish learning C# here, I'm visiting this site more than HF!
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
I definitely enjoy visiting this site more. HF for me personally is a lot of work and mass trolls. Here people are not as self-absorbed spending all day thinking how they can screw over other members.

SF is about support and helping each other and it's working. I'll continue developing and pushing this site and I have a feeling in a couple years this site will be a big hit.

We'll be hitting 100k posts soon which is an important milestone.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(08-02-2010, 01:10 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I definitely enjoy visiting this site more. HF for me personally is a lot of work and mass trolls. Here people are not as self-absorbed spending all day thinking how they can screw over other members.

SF is about support and helping each other and it's working. I'll continue developing and pushing this site and I have a feeling in a couple years this site will be a big hit.

We'll be hitting 100k posts soon which is an important milestone.

I'm not asskissing you but you are right, here on SF all members are chillin, no one f**k up others, it's a nice forum. I'm wondering as i seen your reg. date here, it's from 07', if this forum exists from them it's really sad because not a lot members are active, but instead of massive trollings we can relax here.
I'll be the 100,000 poster Smile

I don't hack, i think it's wrong

That's why i prefer SF, but i do like learning about hacking and helping others
Member Count:1,585
Thread Count:9,626
RF is an off-topic, general chat forum where anything goes.
Complete these requirements and be 1st VIP member {click me}
Omni always success in making forums, but he really need active staff(on HF) because of the massive LQP... Well today i already reported about 45+ posts on HackForums and i hope i helped there. As i already said this site is more Quality since HF has too many LQP and only 10+ peoples can't control to stop the massive spam.

EDIT: not to missunderstand me but i mean the HF STAFF really puts a lot effor into cleaning up the forums.
I just did a comparison of what I feel are my last 3 forums to be a success.

DemocracyForums.com (no longer own) took 18 months to hit 100k posts.
HF took one year to hit 100k posts
SF is not there yet but we will within a month almost for sure and that's in 10 months.

People continually believe HF is doing so much better than SF but in terms of actual maturity this site is doing way better.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(08-02-2010, 01:28 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I just did a comparison of what I feel are my last 3 forums to be a success.

DemocracyForums.com (no longer own) took 18 months to hit 100k posts.
HF took one year to hit 100k posts
SF is not there yet but we will within a month almost for sure and that's in 10 months.

People continually believe HF is doing so much better than SF but in terms of actual maturity this site is doing way better.

Wow, i didn't knew you owned 3 forums, i checked the DemocracyForums.com and it has got already 750k+ posts. HF is popular because of the forum"theme", i doesn't mean the theme/sking but i mean on what the forum is based on, what kid doesn't like to be a 'hacker'. Instead of hacking this is a support forum, you look around and you see only mature members, well not everybody is but most of us are. We could advertise SF more on HF to get more members, but this could result in a massive HF Clone, with this i mean almost only LQP everywhere on the forums.
I've owned dozens of forums since around 2001. I've typically sold my forums after they reach a certain success. However I've altered that and working to maintain a handful of good sites. I used to have 700 domains too. Now I have just 300.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FeedBack] R3DSPY'S feedback unusedunsued22 0 434 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Last Post: unusedunsued22
  Feedback: Support Sections Cronus 16 2,805 02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Julia Gillard
  Hackforums down? Darun 3 1,536 09-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Site Feedback [My personal responce] BreShiE 9 1,845 07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Member Feedback Questionnaire Skill 44 9,300 06-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781