Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 Years In Prison - A Man's Story
Hey SF, I was around the internet today when I found a link to this, it turned out to be an amazing read about a man, and his two years in prison. It really shows you the unseen side of things in there.. It opened my eyes. You guys can discuss it here if you like.
Man, that was a pretty intense read. Nice find.
Wow that is pretty screwed up. Besides, I must say this dude rights very well.
I read the entire thing. He writes with great insight. Worthwhile parts:
  • Thing about prison, is that sleep becomes like a chore you do each day. You're never really tired, so you never really want to sleep, it just breaks up the time. I felt like I didn't want to sleep ever again. Next morning I decided to go for a drive, and thought I'd rent a car - but my driver's licence had expired. I went to get a new one, but because I'd been inside they needed me to get a letter from my parole officer. So I just wandered around for a day. Felt like everyone was staring at me. You just feel completely lost.
  • Well I'm on parole for the next year - but it seems downright impossible to find a job. I've got some money saved up and my plan is to get out of the States, head to Europe and find bar work. I haven't seen a soul I knew before since I got back, and I'm almost scared of seeing them now.
  • Basic human decency becomes the thing you miss the most. Saying 'please' and 'thank you' and 'you're welcome' just simple crap like that reminds you you're human, that you're a part of society.
  • That last thing you should never take for granted is this - your mental health. Every day I woke up sober inside (at some points, they were rare) I'd stare at the ceiling and talk to myself. Sometime's out loud. I'd take stock of my own level of madness. How justified was my paranoia today. What did I dream of last night. What kind of bad things will float through my head if I don't control it. I'd literally have to take stock of my own psychological well being. No one should have to do that. Because questioning your sanity is like picking at a scab - once you start it bleeding you can't help but keep picking. And by virtue of your questioning, you make it true.

And this one gets to me the most:
  • But sooner or later I got asked how come I could write, and so I told them I'd been to University, thinking I'd just get put upon for a while - convicts will pick on you for anything. But instead everyone just seemed really disappointed. Instead of cracking jokes about it, they seemed genuinely upset that a white kid, with a college degree, would be so stupid as to get himself locked up inside. So I was made to feel kind of embarrased, and ashamed at having an education - a shame that I still haven't kicked having got out.
Dunno. But given my dad has been inside for the last 23 years or so for killing multiple and me visiting him twice a week for many many years i can give my own perspective.
Interesting read none the less.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

very interesting read, that poor kid who had his guts grabbed out i can only imagine Sad
[Image: ZR3Tr.png]
That's really unsettling and anyone brave enough to read it should know before doing so that you might find yourself less brave. In many ways I wish I did not read it. I'm close to bursting into tears right now. The prospect of going to prison is real for just about anyone. He did 18 months which doesn't sound like a lot of time but the way he tells that story you would think he did 5 years. I gotta go do something to get my mind off that story.

Quote:me visiting him twice a week for many many years i can give my own perspective.

So share.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(07-26-2010, 04:57 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Dunno. But given my dad has been inside for the last 23 years or so for killing multiple and me visiting him twice a week for many many years i can give my own perspective.
Interesting read none the less.

I'd love to hear your perspective on it.
I could never imagine what it would be like to lose 18 months of your life. This was a very interesting, yet saddening read!
FREE E-BOOK! Make Money With YouTube!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE HUNDREDS A DAY -- IT'S 100% FREE
Jeez that's really unsettling an sad as well. Reading this will make people think twice before doing anything stupid. Because having this as a outcome is just awful I have to say.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  /rant about the past few years.. [LONG STORY AND POORLY WRITTEN] Elxuraitor 1 689 02-13-2014, 06:51 PM
Last Post: l[DG]l Goat
  Moving on more than 2 years after breakup irishbella 13 11,181 05-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Annmorris
  LOVE & TIME " short story" nightfly 6 903 04-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Last Post: fanta
  The stone cutter story nightfly 8 2,343 04-02-2012, 02:40 AM
Last Post: 4Y4T3M
  Party for new years. ๖ۣۜHacker™ 5 1,263 12-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ