Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Must Have Programs?
Well, I've decided to get a mac in a few months (haven't decided on the exact model yet as I want to see the new line up).

But, what are some mac only programs that I must have? I already have textmate on my list after talking to a friend msn.

However he said the mac msn sucked so something for that would be great.
Watch this video, it's awesome and very informative. (And includes must have programs)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAiYZCa5QEs[/yt]
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

A mac comes preloaded with everything you need Smile. I havent installed many programs since i got my mac. I installed a few like coconut battery, crossover ( install windows programs on your mac ) , virtual box , bean ( free word processor )
Depends if you like customization. If you are really into customizing your dock and the icons in it, you'll want CandyBar unless you do it the old fashioned way..which still works but is a bit harder.

If you want to combine all your IM clients together, you're going to want Adium, you can link up Facebook, AIM, MSN..etc etc.

If you like photoshop but don't feel like dropping mad dough on Adobe then you're going to want Gimp..

and last but not least, if you're into torrenting, you DEFINITELY want Vuze (used to be called azureaus..or however you spell it) It's a super good torrent client.

hope that helped.
hmm, so basically just adium, textmate, and photoshop? Tongue

Is there any good archive programs?
You don't need one. Included.
iAntivirus would be a great addition.
I have iAntivirus downloaded but i never installed it. You dont need a anti virus on a mac.. well.. it wouldnt hurt you to have one but you will 99% get on fine without one
pm me with a list i will get you anything you want Thumbsup
(10-09-2009, 01:02 PM)TemperingPick Wrote: You don't need one. Included.

But, I want like winrar with split archives and passwords. I'm pretty sure there isn't a winrar for mac since well "win" is in the name Tongue.